I have to say the price point and feature set are amazing. Consider that “other” companies charge 5-10x more for the same features?!? (No I don’t work for Wyze, No I don’t own stock or interest in Wyze, No I am not a paid “influencer” or anyone similar)
Suggestions to make the value proposition better:
- Clearly define a "Home" position that the camera returns to after a period of non-motion in panning zones or inactivity in tracking.
- Develop / Manufacture a threaded base mount adapter for Pan to use existing v1/v2 magnetic /sticky mount adapter (it is super convenient, seriously)
- Consider a Wyze branded black matte silicon skin or external enclosure that doesn't obstruct IR emitters. I understand you may not be able to influence the color of the plastic , but a silicon matte skin will help greatly for external and some internal behind glass installs (with IR emitter control).
- A hydrophobic/ceramic coating to keep dust/dirt/moisture off the glass elements and the enclosure in general.
- Ruggedized and rubber sealed USB ports on unit and power adapter (3rd party sources can provide for an upgraded cost).
- Wishlist : Custom Motion Detection Paths to act as a detection path in stead of zone . Think along the lines of highlighting a sidewalk path, alley or narrow walkway with waypoints.