Incorrect Label in Event Preview

I am noticing that items tagged as Package, Person, Vehicle, etc on the events tab are not labeled correctly on the preview tab. Below is an example:

Picture 1: shows the events tab and my 1:10 correctly labeled package.

Picture 2: Previewing the actual video, the label at the Top says Motion and not Package

I believe this to be a bug.

1 Like

The service seems to have changed labeling and broken person detection and Alexa announcements in the process? I’m not in beta and use old app/firmware.

1 Like

I’m getting no detections at all on one of my Cams Plus cameras (pan) and the other one is just a few motion detections of people without it being labeled as “person”.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing the same. I did start to get a few correct labels today though. But still have a lot of unlabeled recordings of vehicles and people.

3 Likes

I am seeing the correct tagging in the event tab and recently have started getting my notifications more consistently. What I was pointing out in my previous post was that the event tab is showing Package (which is correct), but when I click to preview the video, the label at the top center above the video says motion. I would have expected it to say package. I believe this is a bug and may have been an oversight when all the new CamPlus features came out.

@Brlepage, wanted to make sure this got to the developers. It is s simple labeling issues. you can see the images on my original post above. If you are not seeing the same issue, please let me know. I believe you know already, but I am using an Android device. You can reproduce this by clicking on an event for a package and go to the playback screen, the label says motion. If a Person Event is selected, the label displays correctly.

The forum is primarily for user to user communication. We don’t use it to report issues to the dev team. If the problem is occurring in only the beta app, please submit a log from the app. If the problem also occurs in the production app, please submit a support ticket. This is the best way to get the info to the team. Thanks for catching this.

3 Likes

I agree with what you are saying, and fully understand what the forum is for. I will open a ticket for this issue as well. But please note that for some unknown reason the tickets created go unanswered and no feedback - so not sure if they are even getting to the correct person or team. This issue has been there in the Beta and now production as the beta has been promoted to production. As far as I know, there is no Beta App Testing going on at this time. Or at least, there is no Beta app available.

In forums we have seen where some moderators indicate they will pass on the issue - that is all I am asking for.

1 Like

Yep…same here. Submitted ticket

I’ve tried this. I have a post here with quite a few people where we aren’t getting any person detections on any of our cameras. And we are paying customers.

Sent several report tickets, tried calling your call center but you don’t answer on weekends xand sent emails. Nothing is working.

1 Like

Remember(best applies to beta):
Tickets are for support (defective unit, subscriptions, etc) Support may ask you to submit a log for an issue your having.
Logs are for submitting issues with beta or production app or firmware versions. Wyze will most likely(but not always) resolve these issues in the next beta version. This is why beta testing exists, to find these issues. Just because you don’t get a response from a Wyze dev when you submit a log doesn’t mean it’s not being looked at.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I agree with what is being said and let me say, regardless of the reported issues or negative sentiment all over the forums, I think Wyze has a great product and vision. I am a supporter with a lot of the devices in my house. Matter of fact, I am looking forward to the stand alone hub and waiting for the Doorbell to get back in stock.

Thanks for the clarity on Tickets and Logs. I try to submit logs as often as possible, but was under the impression you had to have a ticket in order for the logs to be used. Incorrect assumption - apologies. :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

it happens to us all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.