Incompatiable usb types

The connect cord that comes with the Spotlight Kit is incompatiable the cord has a usb micro, the spotlight has a usb mini. How to resolve?

Are you missing a part? I don’t have a light but looks simple enough to me.

1 Like

Watched the video showes a usb mini at the back of the spotlight same as mine. does not show the usb size in the video of the cable mine is a usb mini. they will not! plug together and even if they did would not be weather resistant!

As I stated I do not have that light. Another video. Post pictures of what you have, someone that has the spotlight will give you the correct answer.

1 Like

Please post a picture of what your looking at. I have a spot light I can take a few close photos of but I won’t be home till a little bit later.

Looking at my version, all involved connectors are micro-usb. Sounds like maybe they’ve changed that…

Welcome @webledsoe1!
The spotlight comes with a USB splitter. The splitter should be labeled for how it should be connected. The connections are water-tight so they are a little tight. If possible, take a picture of the splitter and all connectors on it.

Visual aids.

All micros.

4 Likes

Micro and a mini does not match!

Omgitstony Forum Maven
September 4

Visual aids.

Brlepage:

The splitter should be labeled for how it should be connected

PXL_20210904_043649782

All micros.

Your cord, and your spotlight are both micro. Make sure the cord usb micro plug is orientated the correct way to the spotlights plug and push it in. There will be some resistance because:

1 Like

OK my bad. Just did not look the same but you are correct. Was afraid I was going to break it. Thanks for your expertise.

Omgitstony Forum Maven
September 4

Your cord, and your spotlight are both micro. Make sure the cord usb micro plug is orientated the correct way to the spotlights plug and push it in. There will be some resistance because:

2 Likes