Improvements to Wyze and Wyze Lock since 2020?

Hey, folks. Finally getting a replacement for my Wyze Lock, which never really has “worked as advertised”, and finally the hardware itself broke, so you people are going to replace it. Fine. Maybe, I guess.
I am wondering, what improvements have been made to the product since I bought what appears to be an identical product 2 years ago? Is the software more reliable now? This has been the primary trouble spot, although customer service has been barely acceptable (yes, I know you had multiple “issues” during COVID. Everyone did. But more recently you sent out that self-congratulatory letter saying you’re gonna’ be our new bff’s from here-on-out, and I’m struggling to see what’s different.) Please illuminate me.
I’m really growing tired of the excuses. I’d really like to know if you’ve made the insipid geo-fence work right. (among the other software issues I have had with the lock.) That was really why I chose your product even though it has never been able to deliver, even after days of emails, phone calls to your Philippines call center, and posting here, hoping in vain to ever get feedback from a “Wyze Wizard”.
If it wasn’t for the other owners posting here, I would likely have given up on you people long ago.
So, in light of the fact that the hardware has now broken now too, and I am getting a replacement unit, what can I expect? More of the same? Have you actually hired some customer support people, or are you still letting owners twist in the wind? Have you revised the design of the adapter plate and its far too weak mounting screws (the ones that secure the Wyze Lock to the adapter plate) that ultimately caused my lock to fail?
Please tell me that you have made meaningful changes, both to your company and to your software, and all will be forgiven. However, my relationship with Wyze has arrived to this point not because of me, but because of you.
So… what are you doing differently today?!?

I am impressed if you bought this back in 2020 and Wyze is still replacing it for you even though there is no way it should qualify under the warranty after all this time. That is pretty cool.

I don’t work for nor represent Wyze, but I pulled the following off their release notes for you to show you what has been worked on with this device since launch:

• 2.9.29 (March 9, 2020)
    • Fixed auto-unlock accuracy bugs
    • Fixed a lock status accuracy bug on the Home tab
  • 2.10.72 (May 7, 2020)
    • Improved Wyze Lock geofencing
  • 2.11.40 (June 10, 2020)
    • Added a new opened/closed door state notification for Wyze Lock
    • Improved auto-unlock
  • 2.12.29 (July 29, 2020)
    • Added “Submit feedback” for guest accounts
    • Added a warning for when there are over 50 passwords stored on the keypad
    • Auto-unlock history now shows which user activated it
  • 2.15.21 (November 9, 2020)
    • Added Wyze Band, Lock, and Scale to the bulk firmware update page
    • Added a WiFi/Bluetooth connection status to Wyze Lock
  • 2.19.14 (April 8, 2021) Fixed a bug that prevented auto-unlock from functioning properly for Wyze Lock
  • 2.21.25 (June 14, 2021) Added support for Wyze Lock Google Home integration
    ** 2.23.21 (August 4, 2021)* Added support for unlocking Wyze Lock from the Wyze Video Doorbell page

I’m sorry to hear things haven’t worked as well as you expected. I have 3 of these, and I haven’t noticed any problems with their functionality. The Geofence also works for me. Considering that your device broke, I wonder if it was a defective unit or something? Hopefully this new one works out better for you so that it functions as well as the 3 I am used to.

Best wishes.

It is heartening that some have had better results that I have. Perhaps the new unit will be better. Maybe the support will be too (hahaha), or I just won’t need their help in the first place.
We shall see how things unfold…