IMPORTANT FIRMWARE UPDATE: Wyze Robot Vacuum 1.6.97 and Wyze Plug 1.2.0.76 Released - 1/18/21

Anyone experiencing connection issues can you let me know if this is the first time you are setting up the vacuum or if it was previously installed. Are you using Android or iOS and what is the app version number you are using.

If you are using iOS please make sure you are updated to v2.16.48

1 Like

First time setup. Both iOS and Android. Old 2.4g phones motorola x, moto g, newer phone S10 5G. Wyze app beta version 2.17.6 Also dropped from beta and installed version 2.16.55, iphone 7 app version 2.16.48), older ipad and Android tablets. Turned off 5ghz on router. Installed 2.4ghz only AP to try that also.

1 Like

Two different Android, first time, app 2.16.55

1 Like

I am attempting to install the vacuum with an iPhone X iOS version 14.3. I am using the v2.16.48 Wyze app. I am connecting to a Linksys Velop mesh network. The installation routine stalls at the point when the vac attempts to connect to the network and provision the app.

Though the provisioning process doesn’t complete, my network monitoring app shows that an IP address has been nonetheless assigned to the vac: 192.168.1.140 on a 2.4 GHz connection.

I have tried every possible approach to competing the installation including uninstalling the Wyze app and reinstalling it. Very frustrating and a huge waste of time. Your assistance is appreciated.

1 Like

Vacuum is attached to my network currently. Just not in Wyze app.

2 Likes

What davidwoodard1 said, it connects to my network and then nothing

1 Like

First time for me using wyze beta app and android…never connected…

Also on iOS, app version 2.16.48. iPhone 11. Eero network (can disable 5GHZ for situations like these for easy connection).

Vac shows up as joining Eero network, but will never show up in the app and always flashes white like it is looking for network setup.

Same issue. If the vacuum gets stuck and you manually reposition it, the mapping function goes haywire and the vacuum doesn’t find home.

Additional Wyze robot vacuum issues reported to Wyze but customer support is nonexistent! I have several Wyze devices and CAMPLUS subscription and was pleased with those products and jumped the gun to preorder the robot vacuum. It is buggy with all kinds of mapping issues (incomplete maps, reoriented maps, etc).

just to update. I was able to contact support last week, and it was quickly determined that an RMA was required given that it was not responding to any button commands besides turning it off and on. A day or two later, they confirmed shipping a replacement and provided me with a return label for the non-functioning device. hopefully, they can investigate what happened with it (still assume the firmware update failed during update) and prevent it from happening again.

2 Likes

Hi, folks!

Sorry I haven’t been super active here. Some general updates:

• There is a setup issue that we are investigating that is separate from the need to update the app and firmware. Many people are able to set up their vacuums (we can see success on our side) so it isn’t impacting EVERYONE but it is a problem that we are treating as a top priority.

• We are working on the mapping issues and I’ve been sending feedback about them to the team.

• The firmware deadline is no longer an issue (not just because we passed it already but also because we found a way to limit the impact that was coming).

Thank you for your patience!

4 Likes

I was curious …How is Wyze handling the return policy? If it’s thirty days and you now “own” the vacuum, can you still return it for a full refund if the robot still doesn’t meet your needs? Obviously “we” are the Guinea pigs here while Wyze is working out all the problems ( And there are many) Please fill us in.

Yes! That would great - remap room command would be perfect!

Yup. There should be better room edit control option shape than just a line that is randomly placed and prevent the need to be connected to a wall anchor point.

What is the status on the vacuum setup problem resolution? I have had my vac for weeks. I have performed all of the recommended updates and alternative approaches. No luck. My vac is still uninstalled. What is Wyze doing to address this problem.
Thanks
Brian

You are supposed to contact wyze support and they will set up an exchange for you.

I to am waiting to see if there is any sort of communication if they are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. Got mine on the 23rd of Jan and have tried many many many times to get it to setup. No luck. I did contact support ( but only via email there is no phone support I can find ) and attempted all of those suggested ways also. Even though I had done them already I did them all again exactly as spelled out by support. Still not setup. Doesn’t appear in my app or anything. It has never been able to set up. I prefer not to return it, but rather know if there IS an actual fix in the works and if I’m not the only one who has never had a single successful setup.

Read the service issues section. It will tell you to contact support and request a replacement.