My V2 cam is looking out into a parking. After setting up about 1 month ago everything was OK. Sometime recently when a car or person goes by a very noticeable “trail” is lagging behind the object. Odd when viewing playback the “trail” is not present. I hope someone in Wyze land has an idea about how to correct this. Thanks ahead. Oh the object causing the trail is not moving fast at all.
Let’s preform some standard actions to see if this helps.
For the lagging issue, turn on Hardware Decoder in:
- Account -> App Settings -> Camera -> Turn on Enable Hardware Decoder
For the image “trail”, you should try restarting your camera.
- Select a Camera -> Gear Icon (Top Right) -> Bottom: Restart Device
If that still doesn’t work, you should try resetting your device (official Wyze troubleshooting guide):
- If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
- Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
- Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit for 10 seconds for Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan units and 20 seconds for Wyze Cam V1 units
- Allow at least 30 seconds for unit to initialize, in some rare instances this process can take up to 5 minutes.
- The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
- The device is now ready to be setup once again.
Thanks for the reply. I want to try first steps first. I have logged into (sign in) where I see Dashboard, Orders etc etc I don’t see any Camera settings at this point. Am I to access Enable Hardware Decoder from the App? Could explain further how to access Hardware Decoder. Thanks
Yes, Decoder is in the Wyze app. Go to account at the bottom of the app > App Settings > Camera > Enable Hardware Decoder.
The account tab is located in “Account” on the bottom of theWyze app.
Thank You for the recommendations. I tried both step 1 and step 2. The trails are still there no change. Please advise on any new troubleshooting steps. Thanks for your efforts. Robert
Hi @rsay777, could you possibly attach a couple example notification videos to this thread so we can see what you’re talking about?
Hello, I appreciate the quick response. I have notifications turned off no motion detection etc. I Use the Wyze Cam in continuous recording mode. The image trails are occurring in live stream mode, with play back videos available to review. I mentioned the image trails are not present viewing playback.
To describe the image trails would be like an 8’ car drives by buy appears 30’ long with the last 22’ a blur of pixels jumping around. These trails occur with objects moving at a slow rate across the viewing area.
I hope this helps. Thanks for continuing to try and help me. Robert
Ah, so you are seeing these trails in Livestream mode! I don’t think I saw you mention that in your prior comments. I suspect what you are seeing in the Livestream are video compression artifacts. I’m not a video expert, so hopefully someone else can chime in here on it.