"I'm Wyze Cofounder Dave Crosby - AMA!" - Reddit Summary/Compilation

Wyze cofounder Dave Crosby (u/WyzeCoFounderDave) answered questions about Wyze in Reddit. Thursday 06/17/2021

Special thanks to @WyzeDave for taking the time to answer questions from people (even if you ignored all the highly upvoted questions about the Home Assistant Integration already having most of the work done for you already, so there should be no reason not to just copy the opensource code and make it official and fully functional :slight_smile: ).

HERE ARE THE RESPONSES WYZE COFOUNDER DAVE CROSBY GAVE US IN THIS LAST AMA:

RTSP FOR THE V3, WCO, & VDB

In response to someone saying it shouldn’t be a forked firmware as they believed the V3 had more RAM:

Re: UPDATING EXISTING PRODUCTS & APP VS ADDING NEW PRODUCTS

QUANTITY OVER QUALITY CONCERNS:

Why not focus on current products instead of new products:

CHANGE THE APP DESIGN:

WEB INTERFACE:

CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEMS:

Does support purposely try to disuade users from contacting them?:

NEED APP UPDATES, DARK MODE, WEB SUPPORT, STOP ADS:

Re: MORE STRUCTURE TO ROADMAP COMMUNICATIONS:

KEEPING THINGS IN STOCK, HOMEKIT, DARK MODE:

MATTER STANDARD DETAILS:

PRODUCTS:

Any new upcoming products or services you’re willing to hint at?:

TEMPERATURE/HUMIDTY SENSOR STATUS & DETAILS:

SOLAR OPTION FOR WCO:

OUTDOOR POWER ADAPTER STILL COMING:

V2 SENSORS WITHOUT HMS SUBSCRIPTION:

SMART CURTAIN/BLINDS MOTORS:

SMART SWITCHES:

DASHCAM?:

WCO V2 UPDATES?:

PAN CAM UPDATE DELAY FROM CHIP SHORTAGE?:

Any chance if a new version of the pan cam, preferably in black with the color night vision capabilities of the V3?:

COMMUNITY TEAM:

WYZE CAM ISSUES WITH CHROMECAST OR GOOGLE DISPLAYS:

OUTLOOK EMAIL ON WYZE WATCH 47:

CANADA:

I believe the objective of an AMA is to answer questions that people post. Is that correct?:

WHY THE INTERMITTENT RESPONSES IN THIS AMA?:

RANDOM TAKEAWAYS:

DO YOU NEED ANY DEVELOPERS?:

REMOTE EMPLOYMENT IN UTAH?:

WHAT HAIR PRODUCT DO YOU USE?:

12 Likes

Thank you so much for compiling this for those of us not on social media. You rock Carverofchoice! thumbsup2

6 Likes

I totally agree with your sentiment. This takes a lot of work, and is very thorough. @carverofchoice is amazing.

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks, @carverofchoice! :+1: That takes a lot of effort to put together. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks guys. I saw how useful the last one I did was for a lot of the mods/mavens to use as a reference to other people with helping out the community’s questions (you guys do awesome work, consider this a part of my thank you to you all for all you do to keep this a good environment).

It definitely is a lot of work to compile it all, but thankfully I can do a lot of copy and pasting to help make it easier and more accurate (I’m not typing it all out thankfully). :slight_smile: Then I try to rearrange some of the answers to be semi-organized and near other similar answers. I’m sure others could’ve improved the organization a lot better, but I figure the important parts are all there: 1) exactly what Dave said, 2) Link to the original source 3) some slight context regarding what he was responding to. -I also like having these things as a reference here in our favorite forum much more than having to go over there. I do still appreciate the gratitude. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@WyzeDave Dave, for the love of all that is good in the world, PLEASE add app-wide Landscape Mode support for tablets (iPad in my case). The natives are restless, as you can see in this thread. I was one of your very first customers (Jan '18) and brought the issue up very early on, primarily due a disability that makes it extremely difficult to continually rotate my iPad 90°. Others with attached keyboards, etc., need Landscape support for different reasons. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I read an article on this last night but couldn’t find it this morning.

1 Like