I'm thinking that these are Starlink satellites

16 Likes

How long did they “parade” overhead?

2 Likes

These were the first ones that I’ve seen, lasted almost 3 minutes. About 20 minutes later I saw them again, lasted much longer this time, around 7 or 8 minutes.

3 Likes

Definitely think it’s Starlink. They’re spaced so evenly and moving at the same rate in a perfect line and there are so many of them.

But…I hope it’s an alien invasion instead…I mean, 2020 was pretty crazy, but we have to expect it to get crazier now that it’s 21 and can start drinking…

8 Likes

Sure looks like Starlink to me.

2 Likes

Nice capture! Love watching what others capture in the night skies with V3! I can tell you are officially addicted!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your video @jenhaygle :artificial_satellite:. Yet another source showing the Wyze Celestial Cam does a spectacular job of capturing the night sky.

I left a voicemail on Professor @Bam’s Astronomy Hotline :phone: so that he can help to authenticate your video :face_with_monocle:.

According to the Documentaries; “Unacknowledged” (2017) and “Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind” (2020), we’ve been peacefully invaded for decades @carverofchoice :alien:. Of course, you’ll have to watch them to decide for yourself. You can have those drinks while you view the shows :beers:.

6 Likes

Props on the orientation, that’s different!. I think it looks cool in this instance with the gradient clouds at the bottom. Nice Starlink catch! Now only if…

I have used this one or this one to plan out any future Starlink sightings.

Or most nerdy but darn sweet… this one. Just real time stats.

5 Likes

definitely starlink!

and it was one of the older launch constellations. the new ones have a coating on them so they don’t reflect as much sunlight so they are less visible to star nerds like myself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Catching criminals on Wyze cameras is soooooo yesterday.

Capturing meteors, ISS, Starlink and other things that go bump in the dark night sky is so today with the Wyze V3.

I don’t know why everyone doesn’t have at least one Wyze V3 dedicated to 24/7 sky watch.

Now that UFOs are going to be officially acknowledged in a few days … it’s only a matter of time until some one captures a @Bam-verified Unidentified Flying Object on a V3.

It’s bound to happen! Keep up the good work folks! I love watching what others capture in the sky!

3 Likes

Ive got one!

2 Likes

I’m thinking you are correct. I go out to watch them pass over whenever I can. REALLY cool to see.

2 Likes

AWESOME! Thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, those are Starlink satellites. If you go to their website, you can see where and how many there are.

2 Likes

Keep those V3s pointed to the dark night skies!

I’d love to see more Wyze V3 captures … meteors, ISS, Starlink and other satellites, UFOs, migrating birds, and other things that go bump in the night!

If it passes overhead, day or night, you can capture it … all for the small cost of a dedicated “sky watch” Wyze V3. I’m totally addicted to it!

1 Like

@todwatts have you submitted any of your videos to the AMS?

You probably already know about it, but I had not heard of if before. @Omgitstony posted a link in another thread for the organization, They have 2 levels of membership (free and paid). I signed up for the free one for now. I have seen a number of videos from Wyze V3 cameras. Pretty cool.

2 Likes