I'm new at this Time Lapse thing

That’s the instructions I found and it won’t recognize the h264. I"m very sad about this. :frowning:

What is the error you see?

It gives no error. It just won’t play and all I see is a black screen with that orange cone in the middle.

It’s been over a year since I did any time lapse, I don’t remember exactly what I did now but I put the files on my windows PC and I can play them with VLC , but I do know I didn’t do any of that in that link

Thank you. Yea I still can’t figure it out. I’ve done everything. Maybe I"m just dense but nothing is working as far as viewing the videos on my computer.

How do I transfer the files to my computer from the SD card? You all will be tired of me soon though I’m afraid with all these questions.

What model Dell Inspiron do you have? Does it have a memory card slot?

If you just want to view the video, and the SD card is still in your camera, you should be able to go into the start time lapse menu on that camera again using your iOS device (assume it the same for your Android), and press the “View Album” item. There you should see a list of your saved Wyze videos. At the top should be one that has a down arrow on it. Press that to download it to your device. From there it will pop up to play.

Now I don’t have a PC, but for my Mac I just press the share button at the bottom of the video and send it to my Mac using AirDrop. So two button presses and it’s there. Maybe someone will chime in with a Windows 10 method.

My preferred method for an ACCESSIBLE camera is to use an SD card extender like

and if all else fails sneakernet the card.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 (5584 series). It has a memory card slot. But the time lapse video is not downloading to my phone at all. As I stated yesterday the phone is on IOS 13 upgrade and support has found a glitch with some IOS 13 users. I still cannot get the videos to play though. So I don’t know what to do. This would be so much easier if we had bluetooth ability to send the files over. I have the SD card adapter and again the files show on the computer (I just can’t open or play no matter what I do or try) but they did not show on the album when I looked on the app while card was in the cam. :frowning:

Yeah, that’s why I never upgrade to the latest OS until it has been out for a while. I’m still on iOS 12 on all my devices.

In any case, sounds like you already had the card in your computer. After inserting the card in your computer slot you should be able to drag the time_lapse folder from the card to your hard drive.

Sorry but how do I do that? I tried to drag but get an error that the file is not supported. :frowning:

This should show you how to copy a file or folder from an SD card to your laptop’s hard drive.

Now the app is not even connecting or anything. So sad about this

Thanks. That worked for transferring the files. Now just to figure out how to view them

Can you right click it, then select “open with”, then choose VLC?

Yep did that. And all I get is a black screen that shows the orange cone. And now everything else I transferred is showing a red x next the file. Ugh :frowning:

What’s even more odd is that the time lapse is still showing on the card when I put into the computer, however it won’t open no matter what I do on computer. Won’t download onto the phone that has 5 gig of free space and it doesn’t show in the Wyze, camera, videos on the android phone. although it shows in the wyze app. I wish I knew how to upload photos here so you could see what I’m talking about.

What is the size of the time lapse file?

To upload a picture to the forum, just drag-and-drop it into your post’s edit window on the PC.

I have no idea how big it is as it has a big x on the file and my computer won’t even let me look at the properties.

Okay – I see you have the folder “Wyze Cam” selected to the left. If you look above that, that folder is in your “Documents” folder. The Documents folder is on “This PC”. So what you are looking at is a Wyze folder on your PC.

The green checkmarks in the status column indicate folders that have been downloaded to your computer from the SD card and are now locally available.

The red x indicates folders that could not be synced to your hard drive (there are many possible reasons for that). So those folders aren’t available on your computer, and those folders aren’t real objects at all.

But – That folder should still be on the SD card. If you re-insert the SD card into your computer, can you access that folder on it?

Also – When I asked how big the file was, I was asking about the “record.h264” file inside the folder for your time lapse, which is in the folder “time_lapse”. So you have a couple double-clicks ahead of you to get to that, once you insert the SD card and access it from there. You should then see a size in the size column.

That record.h264 file is the file we want VLC to play.

1 Like

On the other SD card I looked inside the Timelapse video but Windows 10 keeps auto sending to Windows Media Player if you see this

And if I try to open with VLC this is what I get

From that Screen on the VLC player, have you tried to Choose Media> Then Open File? You will then need to navigate to where the file you want to play is, it looks like you are trying to play it directly off the SD Card, So I would do Media, Open File then Navigate to to the file path that you have listed in your attached image above.

Edit: it sending you to Windows Media Player because the file type is registered that way, You can right click on the file and choose open with and choose VLC to play it also, You may want to set up your media files to use VLC as the default media player.

Please see the link below that directs you on how to complete this for Windows 10.