I'm missing something- where are the videos and why is my sd card always empty?

Yes I have one.

I know that is missing on the support pages, I have told wyze about this , that it needs to be added in instructions somewhere, but I explained how to do it in my last post

the way you do that is you pick the spot where the video is on the SD card and you do a manual record , press stop when you get to the end of what it is you want to record then it will be saved to your album …
You don’t have to take the SD card out but will need to record what you want in real time.

If you want to save the entire contents of your SD card you need to take it out and put it in a PC

Oh yes I see what you mean now… I went back into the app and I have to do “View Playback” at the bottom and then scroll all the way to the beginning and do a manual record.

Oh great that’s even better- so it’ll be one big file? (I mean the continuous playback will be one big file?)

If you put the mSD card in the card reader and insert in your PC, you will see that it isn’t one big file. The files are recorded in one minute increments. After you open the folder, click on the date, then the time and you will see all the files for a 24 a hour period for that day.

3 Likes

Aha that makes sense. So it’s “rotation” is per-minute. Yea I was wondering how it would do that- (I’m a programmer for 21 years.) I figured it would be much more difficult (or impossible) to keep one file open and like delete bytes off of one end as it added more. So it’s deleting by minutes- it deletes a minute file off the bottom right before it writes a minute (or “closes off” the file for a minute on top.

Well it took a long time and a lot of talk to finally get that but now I have a definitive answer, Thanks for your persistence. Marking it solved.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Right. When the card is full, it will begin to overwrite the oldest footage and roll forward. Glad to help.

2 Likes