Ignore Motion Detection for events under X seconds

A workaround would be to add a motion sensor and use it to trigger the recording since you can adjust the time on it.

I can look into that, but then the camera wouldn’t be doing continuous recording right? That would be a very unfortunate feature to lose.

Ideally this would just be a software configuration and adding the same code from the sensor to the camera would be easy.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback.

I think it still does continuous and just notifies and clips with motion.

If I figure that out, I’ll let you know. I need to spends a few hours with my system.

There must be some documentation around here of how to best couple the motion detector sensor with the regular camera recording / event flagging. Someone said you can largely avoid the horrible 5 minute cooldown period where your camera becomes useless.

5 minute cool down? I think you made a typo. Lol. Mine is notifying me every 5 seconds. I had to turn them off. That feature has always been useless to me.

Talking about camera events recorded. The cameras become effectively useless for 5 minutes after every recorded event. Lots of threads including: 5 minute cooldown, A solution

Really tired of getting false alerts from just a bug flying by. I am only concerned with people or animals in my yard and home.

1 Like

Their new investor pitch video clearly mocks their competitors for doing that. It’s… cognitively dissonant.

1 Like

Person detection is already available:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040347471-Introducing-Wyze-Person-Detection

There’s a separate Wishlist topic for animal detection:

How can you turn off motion sensors ? I thought I only had set “persons” but I get bug movements which I don’t want.

For each cam → Camera Settings ( gear in top right of screen ) → Notifications → make sure “All Other Motion” is unchecked.

Thanks so much. It was really irritating to see them.

Insects are a significant source of motion detection clips. So that those clips don’t continue creating huge lists of events to manually filter through, please create a model similar to what was done for person detection in order to filter these motion detection events out or prevent motion detection from even being initiated.

The insect flybys would be easily handled by setting a 1-3 second notification threshold. It’s been formally requested for something like 3 years and they just won’t do it.

Edit: silly me, that is THIS thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New (yet old) suggestion for those waiting years for this seemingly simple feature request - turn off the LED lights (but leave night IR mode on / auto). This really cuts down or eliminates the bug issues at least. However it does NOTHING to prevent the same issue with birds. That is still happening for me all the time.

So this feature request is still much needed, please.

Please add the option to notify only after so many seconds of movement. This would help eliminate many if not all detection errors. No insect errors, tree leaf errors, shadow errors, etc. Person detection wouldn’t even be needed!

1 Like

This wishlist item is similar to what you are interested in.

This might be extremely helpful to this issue: Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features - #98 by jls4wheeler

if Wyze implements this

1 Like

Yes thank you. The first comment was that it would be looked at after CES in January 2019. I think the person detection wouldn’t even be needed if this was done!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there are quite a few wishlist items that seem to be in limbo.

1 Like