Ignore Motion Detection for events under X seconds

Also ignore sound detection events shorter than XX seconds.

this sound like a very good idea. less events to wade through for users, and less storage/load for Wyze servers.

1 Like

This was mentioned a couple of months ago, I’m glad it’s on the road map .
If this is possible, I think it should be a high priority to implement it , It would make me and a whole lot of users Life Much more pleasurable , Especially those of us that have a lot of cams

1 Like

Seems 90% of my events are triggered by <1 seconds of floating dust either indoors or outdoors. Adjusting the sensitivity between 100 and 0 has minimal effect on this. That dust particle just will not be ignored. There’s got to be a better solution than “sensitivity”.

5 Likes

Loki:
Any idea if or when Motion detection delay would be implemented? My Wyze cams that I have indoor looking at my office as well as my Wyze cams that are looking outside are constantly sending notifications during the day when a cloud goes by or from the shadows of trees waving in the wind or a bug flying by. I’ve had to turn off Night Vision on the outdoor cameras just to cut back on the continued motion detection from bugs, rain, dust, etc.
Second request…and I may be the only one…but approximately half the time when motion is detected, I may not get a notification alert for up to 10 minutes. Kinda defeats the purpose of security if it was a burglar since he would be long gone by the time I got any notification. On the times that I get faster alerts, they can take up to 30 seconds before I get anything. Certainly better than 10 minutes, but still kinda slow. My other security cameras from other manufactures, usually send alerts within a couple of seconds of the detection. Much better when you have someone at your door and need to respond.

1 Like

For implementation plays, all I can offer is that your see the tag definitions here:

For delayed notifications, read and follow this topic:

1 Like

Hey Wyze Developers, have there been any consideration for creating a Motion Detection delay feature (say a slider between 1 to 5 seconds) for the Wyze cam? Seems quite a few people are coming to the Community with this issue.
Whether it’s my Wyze cams I have inside or outside, any change in lighting (passing clouds) to bugs to waving shadows from trees, even Rain will set all my cameras off. I get multiple, multiple notifications through out the day no matter what sensitivity setting I have my Cams on.
Sure would greatly reduce the myriad number of false alerts I get each day or night.
As a (sort of) work around, I have turned off Night vision and reduced the size of the detection zone to the bare minimum in order to keep as much of what is setting off my cameras from being detected.
I still get plenty of false alerts (from 30 to 40 per day on a windy day to maybe 10 to 15 per day) but obviously I am risking missing some important motion because of this work around.
How about it? Has there been any discussions on implementing motion detection delays?

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s on the road map .
If this is possible, I think it should be a high priority to implement it , It would make me and a whole lot of users Life Much more pleasurable , Especially those of us that have a lot of cams

6 Likes

Agree completely. Until this is done WYZE cams will be nothing more than eye candy. The “EVENTS” collected on my 11 cams in numerous households are 98% dust floating in front of the lens. Maybe they’d be perfect in an ISO Class 5 or better clean room.

3 Likes

Ha, that’s about right

I think False alerts is probably the biggest complaint there is about these cameras and It is Tagged as Maybe later .
If they have another way of solving the problem that’s fine too

2 Likes

We need to get more people to speak up about this for Wyze to consider it a priority. As it is, only 200 people have taken the time to vote. There are probably thousands more people that are having the same issues but either don’t know there is a discussion on this subject or have given up and think that it is useless to even complain about it. Obviously these people don’t realize or understand that “the squeaky wheel always gets the grease”.

2 Likes

Many people on Facebook don’t even know there is a forum

1 Like

You’d think just the financial burden of 12s clips nearly every 5 min timeout period would be worth a higher up discussion on the topic. If they could cut even 1/2 the false alerts, that’s theoretically 1/2 their AWS cost. Maybe their service isn’t linear like that but I’d imagine it should save them a chunk o money. My 6 cams are filled with these dust/bug/flashes videos.

2 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir…but to get this moved to the head of the class will take getting a whole lot more Wyze owners to chime in. I am absolutely positive that there are many thousands of Wyze owners that are having the same issue but just don’t say anything for whatever reason. Like you said, most don’t even know there is a forum to express their concerns.
It’s a great product with a serious flaw that has me almost ready to turn all my cameras off because of the large numbers of false alerts. I’m to the point that “the boy who cries wolf syndrome” is kicking in as I find myself just ignoring the alerts. Obviously that isn’t a good thing to be doing as this is suppose to be one level of security.
I’ve told a lot of people about this camera, but maybe I need to pull back until issues like this are resolved…if ever.

3 Likes

Voted for this! I’ve had my cameras installed for just a few hours. They work fantastic but the motion events caused by insects is causing so many false positives, it makes my cameras useless as an intruder warning system. I can imagine the bug problem will be much worse in the warm months.

2 Likes

I give up.
I’ve had to turn Motion Detection off on all my cameras whether they are my indoors or outdoors cameras,
I’m getting constant false alerts from something as small as a bug or rain at night to subtle changes in lighting from a passing cloud or shadows from swaying tree limbs.
So if light is streaming in a window and a cloud goes by, my indoor cameras send an alert. Doesn’t matter how low I set the sensitivity. Likewise the cameras I have outside do the same thing.
As much as I hate to admit this, but I may just have to take them all down and look for other security cameras.
I sure hope Wyze comes up with something soon.

2 Likes

Here is an idea. Have the screen grab for the event displayed contain the motion tracking green box showing the actual “motion” that triggered the event. This would allow the user to preview and assess right from that page. I do see this but very rarely. I also do realize that the motion tracking green box is an option. I use it, but it seems a more useful feature if it actually appeared in the preview screen grab.

1 Like

I have motion tagging enabled but it just shows that it is picking up shadows or subtle light changes or bugs/rain/dust at night.
As a work around, I have narrowed the motion detection area to the smallest rectangle I can make to either cover just a window or door area. In addition, I have turned off night vision. These steps has helped but only marginally.

good idea. I have to turn off event recordings during snow. Otherwise, all the snow flakes are triggering meaningless events.