IFTTT suggestions (Turn notifications on when leaving home and vice versa)

Hey all!

I just need some help setting up IFTTT or, something to get my cameras to do what I need them to.

Right now I have 5 Wyze cams. The issue I’m having is with 2 of my internal cameras.

I would like to turn notifications on when I leave and turn them off when I’m home. This is because these cameras are in my office and family room. They record continuously regardless, but I don’t need notifications when everyone’s home. I want those to come to my phone only when I’m (or my family) are not home (I know this can be done with life360).

I found 3 IFTTT applets that seem to more or less fit the bill, except 2 of them don’t specify the camera, so it seems to be an all or nothing type of thing. I can’t use this because 2 of my cams are facing outdoors. These are on at all times and I want them to notify me 24/7. The applet that is perfect, only allows me to select 1 camera, not 2 and unless I’m missing something (and I very well could be! I only just got back into IFTTT, you can’t have 2 identical applets, right? So I can’t have 2x applet ABC running for different cameras, unless I can, then tell me how please). I could set this up for 1 of my cameras, but then I have the other to think about.

If anyone has suggestions on writing/creating my own applet for doing this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried a few times but what I’ve come up with already exists and the ones that exist, I can’t use for the aforementioned reasons.

Thanks in advance!

Notifications per camera is in testing, you should have more flexibility to control when this feature is released.

2 Likes

@CaptainMark

Has this been released yet? If not then when can expect it to be?