IFTTT is slow

I use IFTTT in conjunction with my Nest thermostat to turn my indoor cameras off an on. I use an iOS app to trigger the Nest to go into away mode when I leave the house and to set to home, when I approach home. The IFTTT job I set looks at the state of the Nest and sends the command to the cameras to turn off and on. I find that the Nest IFTTT command notifying my iPhone that the Nest is in Away or Home mode occurs within 3-10 minutes. The Camera notification I find however that confirms the status of the cameras is very slow. Sometimes occurring as late as 1 hour after the command is sent. IFTTT says it is probably Wyze not actively servicing the IFTTT service on a timely basis and that they have tools that they can use to optimize that servicing on a more rapid basis. I’m assuming they have to pay for each access to receive or send to that queue and that may be the reason of the slow response? My Nest usually will respond with 30 seconds to as much as 10 minutes to an IFTTT request.

I just started using IFTTT, So far, it has been very slow and unreliable. I am using it to try to play an alert notification on my phone when the contact sensor opens. Sometimes I get the notification, sometimes I dont, which is unacceptable. I did notice within wyze, the contact sensor is accurate and fast though, so not sure where the problem is. Hopefully someone with some knowledge can chime in.

@bill67 I looked at the IFTTT documentation and they suggested I contact Wyze to verify their integration is running properly.

Each Applet you enable on IFTTT has information on how often it runs. You can see often they run by selecting the :gear:︎ icon on the top right of an Applet . You’ll see some text near the bottom that states This Applet usually runs within [Time] . This is dynamically generated based on the past several times that Applet has run.

You also have the option to run the Applet manually via the Check now button on this screen.

“The frequency in which Applets run is largely dependent on the service(s) you’re using. If an Applet isn’t running as quickly as you expect it, we encourage you to check with the service owner. Most service owners have tools available to them to help them figure out if their IFTTT integration can run a bit faster.” The service owner is Wyze.

Mine was only 3 seconds delay now it’s over 30 just got a hubitat slowly switch g everything wyze sucks now no Google working no ifttt what’s the point and how can you sell some that as features and remove them after

Same problem for me. I use Wyze sensor to light some led strips. It used to have about 3 seconds delay and now it needs 20 seconds or more.

P.S. I am an IFTTT Pro subscriber meaning that applets should execute faster.

I don’t believe the issue lies with IFTTT, I have a sensor that triggers a bulb using Alexa as the go between and that went from about 1.5 seconds to about 20

IFTTT now has a Pro version… I use it on so many other IOT devices I am now paying for it. Far more flexible than free version and response times are supposed to be improved as well.

I switched to the Pro version of IFTTT. The slowness issue with Wyze remains.

IFTTT turning on/off cameras with my Scout Alarm basically occurs within a few seconds of alarm arm/disarm.

I’ve been using IFTTT and Wyze for sometime now with little to no issues. Over the last couple of weeks, it’s getting progressively slower and slower. I use the door sensor to turn on the patio light when it’s dark. It’s been triggering on average about 3 mins after the door has opened. But tonight, it was at least 30 minutes after the door sensor triggered. It’s becoming unusable. Has Wyze officially looked into this slowness issue we’re all having?

2 Likes

same here. it’s been a couple of weeks. i don’t think it’s just wyze though. many of my IFTTT automations are slow. i think i’ll give IFTTT pro a shot. you can set your own price from $9.99 all the way down to $1.99 per month now. if it doesn’t help i’ll just cancel it.

1 Like

I believe the issue lies with Wyze since rest of my applets are working fine. I switched to IFTTT Pro to see if it’ll help but it doesn’t.

I am firmly in the wyze ecosystem so it sucks that now all my automations are basically useless.

Plus the time spent (wasted?) on troubleshooting all this.

I love Wyze but sometimes I ask myself if I should just switch.

1 Like

my experience has been the opposite for the last week or so. my wyze bulbs that work off my wyze motion or door contacts have been working fine, everything on IFTTT has been slow. i just found this post from IFTTT from 5 days ago… i signed up for IFTTT pro as well. i just selected the $1.99 per month option. i should know if everything is faster as soon as i get home tonight.

just found this

Thanks! That’s helpful. I think it’s a little bit of column a, little bit of column b.

Since your bulbs don’t use IFTTT, it’s difficult to say it IFTTT is slow or if Wyze integration with IFTTT is the issue. I believe it’s the wyze integration.

In app, Wyze sensors are working fine. They do all the actions that I have setup within the Wyze app.

It’s the actions within IFTTT that are slow for me.

Over the last few days, there have been significant delay when a couple of my applets (with bulbs) have been firing… It takes about 5-10 seconds delay before these two particular lights will come on (and off.) May not seem to be a long delay, bit when you are standing in a dark room standing there waiting for the light to come on…it becomes a tad frustrating…)

The triggers I am using are 2 wyze sensors… One is motion sensor and the other is the contact sensors. (The bulbs are not Wyze branded bulbs.) (What is noteworthy is that from my Hubitat console, I am able to turn on and off these lights bulbs directly with no delays… )

And I am using IFTTT Pro… (Have not seen any noticeable speed difference in the delay…)

As an extra measure, I’ve also removed the applet and re-created the applet… same results… Noticeable delay when the applets are fired in comparison to when the lights actually respond.

These two applets (with the above combination) have been working flawlessly until a few days ago…

It looks like it started for everyone about a week or two ago. I use a door opening and motion sensor to turn on lights. Somewhere around a week ago, the delay went from a few seconds to around 1-2 minutes. I blamed everyone else, but have now checked all other services and it is down to the connection between Wyze and IFTTT. My guess is from Wyze’s because other programs are still fast on IFTTT.

I thought I would provide an update. So, I raised a ticket with Wyze and was able to demonstrate the stark difference in time from the door sensor triggering and them sending it off to IFTTT. Had to include logs etc. The ticket was raised to their engineering team, and almost immediately after, IFTTT now receives the events in a matter of seconds from the sensor being tripped. Knock on wood. But it looks okay now.

I confirm mine came back to normal behavior after contacting Wyze support.
Actually, now that Wyze team seems to have solved the issue, i think it runs faster than ever with IFTTT Pro subscription. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Mine was faster for the short term after contact Wyze (who said nothing was wrong on their side), and opening a ticket with IFTTT (who also stated nothing was wrong). After several months again the IFTTT triggers to the Wyze camera became slow again. I have subscribed to Wyze Pro, not for the supposed speed enhancements but because I have more than three IFTTT activities and I want to preserve those. What I find interesting is that other activities going through IFTTT like Nest notifications, and my Ooma phone system are fast. The slow trigger is when my Nest goes changes state between Home & Away modes where if have an IFTTT trigger to turn on or off my indoor Wyze cameras at that point. I don’t believe it is Nest because I have another trigger to send me a text when the Nest goes to Away or Home modes which are both very fast. I truly believe that Wyze does not process the IFTTT queue as quickly as other manufacturers do. I assume it may be a cost factor since I can’t figure out any other reason.

I have yet to see if the IFTTT trigger will be faster now that I’m a IFTTT Pro subscriber. I will be testing that in the next few weeks.