If you don't buy a Person Detection Subscription, will the V3 still alert that is motion?

I am trying to clarify something on the Person Detection Alert… If you do not buy a subscription and a Person walks by your camera, will you still get a Motion Alert just not labled ‘Person Motion’ or will you get no alert at all? IOW, has Wyze eliminated all motion alerts if a Person is detected? – If so, this makes the V3 camera totally worthless. If this is the case I will be returning all 8 cameras that I have just ordered.

Motion detection works fine with or without a CamPlus subscription.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply… So if a Person is detected, you still get an alert that it is motion and it will not be labeled as ‘Person Detection’? — If so, I can live with that.

That is accurate, you will still get the video and a motion alert, it will just not have the person detected label.

2 Likes

Super ! — Thanks Much !

Be aware that there is a 12 second limit to the video clips with a 5 minute cool down in between events without CamPlus.

2 Likes

Yes, I know that. I have been using Wyze Cameras for a few years now.

1 Like

Since you have had Wyze Cameras for a few years, which is great, put an SD Card so you can get continuous recording or event recording without the 12 second recording limit or the 5 minute cool down.

You probably knew this, but wanted to state it in case.

Yes, all my Cameras have a Micro SD card in them.

1 Like