Ideas for Wyze Doorbell V2

Having just survived some serious heat here in Portland OR, I noticed that my doorbell would go offline in the afternoons when the sun was beating down on my front door. Seems likely that was heat-related… so v2 could use some better heatsinks probably (also I’d say the doorbell should be able to gracefully reboot itself and reconnect to wifi without needing to be powercycled manually…)

1 Like

This is why the doorbell needs a stronger attachment plate.

1 Like

V2 of Wyze Doorbell Cam needs to:

1. Have RTSP support like the V3 cams currently have in Beta
  2. Have an SD Card like a V3 Cam
  3. Work properly when displaying on a Amazon Echo Show (Sideways… not so functional)

@WyzeShanee is a V2 camera in the works? or a concept that is just that…, and it’ll be years before V2 is available?

SJ

2 Likes

This is why one of my WOC’s sits in my front garden area pointed back at the front door. It sits at ground level, under a pile of rocks… Most folks don’t look down to and see it there. It’s about 10 to 15 feet from the front door.

SJ

I did not buy one bc it does not have an SD card…I like control of my data

I agree that the doorbell would be great with SD card BUT you can have a V3 above it for that option, it works great for me.

So you have a doorbell and a camera above that?

I have a pan cam instead of the Wyze doorbell; why buy 2?

Yes, I have the Wyze doorbell and Wyze cam V3 above it.
The non-doorbell cameras are just not a doorbell, Meaning it doesn’t have the button to to press for the chime sound. I like having everything digital/wifi connected.

I had a V3 showing my front porch once, but moved it when I got the doorbell. Shouldn’t have to have a separate device when the doorbell could have handled it all!

1 Like