Ideas for Wyze Doorbell V2

I was excited about the Wyze Doorbell, and planned for early order, but when I noticed that there is no SD card, I skip… I will not buy it without a SD card option…

3 Likes

I invested in WYZE bc I wanted to record all my own video with nothing on the cloud.

WYZE why Doesn’t the doorbell have a card slot to wok like all my other Wyze cams?

Tell me now, are you phasing out the ability to record on a card and go to making us pay for cloud?

Tell the truth before I invest more into your company.

4 Likes

I haven’t received my doorbell yet but I was thinking if the door bell could tell you outside temperature would be great.

2 Likes

I would love to have an SD card for the doorbell, I live on an interesting street, sometimes the AI is not spot on. That said I am also worried about the theft issue and wished that the FAQ better covered that topic.
As for the using the existing chime, I could not care less about that, but a lot of others do, I think this one can be tackled with an inline add on to deal with the power issue. With an add on it would give people the choice in setup.

1 Like

I love the doorbell video camera. I do have one suggestion and that would be to allow the camera to move just like the other wyze camera’s. The reason is when I installed my doorbell video I am not able to see a large enough area like some of the other doorbell cameras.

Not exactly maximum security, but I added a little piece of scrap wood above my doorbell, screwed in with a Robertson and a star drive, so it can still be removed (by me) but would be at least a little slower if someone wanted to steal the doorbell.

3 Likes

I wish I had noticed that it didn’t have the ability to use a SD card before I bought mine… It’s essentially useless for me without a SD card. oh well, looks like there is a debugging port inside, I might see if i can try to make it do what I want- it’s not really worth returning.

2 Likes
  1. Memory card for continues recording - which was mentioned here many times.
    Actually, I think Wyze had an opportunity to be better than all the other doorbell competitors if only they would have included this feature because no other company has it, Plus it would be consistent with their other camera products.

2. Detection Zone, like in the other Wyze cameras.

** Love what Wyze is doing and I got many of their products here in Canada even though some of them are not available for direct purchase, which makes me sad.

2 Likes

Exactly why I did not buy one…no SD card in the doorbell!

2 Likes

Also RTSP would be a great add as well.

HDR for the Doorbell. Many/most are under shaded patios or awnings, making any bright areas overexposed. HDR would fix this and make the cam much more useful

2 Likes

Need to have the chime show up as a device to be also used as a security sound device.

1 Like

I was surprised to find out it DIDN’T have an SD slot! Huge oversight, IMO.

3 Likes

It is indeed!

Would be lovely if the new doorbell had the option to play a siren sound like the V3. It’d be even better if you could use one of the preset chime sounds (ie: the dog barking) as your “siren” sound (separate and apart from your “chime” sounds on button presses, and have it play only/directly on the doorbell itself so it doesn’t wake up my newborn, and irritable post-partum wife). It’d be even cooler, if the video doorbell’s person detection was accessible as a trigger event on IFTTT so I could make it do all sorts of other things with my Alexa enabled integrations and routines in my home… :thinking:

Having previously owned a Eufy battery powered video doorbell, this new Wyze offering is definitely still rough… IMHO it needs a ton of work put into it to make it competitive and bring it up to parity with the established players (it’s not enough to undercut them in price, you need sustained and continual development to get it up to snuff with the rest of the competition in the market).

Please make this happen Wyze team, and please allow us to group the doorbell with other cameras, I believe in you all!

Overall I’m severely disappointed in the Wyze doorbell. I preordered when it first came out and the $29.99 price was very appealing and I was excited for the product. But now I feel like that price is exactly what the doorbell should be worth(and they increased the price!). I feel as if the field of view should have more width than height, it feels slightly flimsy on vinyl siding and the picture quality is not the best. In comparison I replaced my Ring doorbell (original form factor 2020 release) which only costed $69 on prime day and it seems light years ahead in terms of quality, customization, and features(like Neighbors). The Wyze doorbell does do well for more narrow spaces IMO but if you want a wide field of view its not the best. Also, I could use my chime with the Ring doorbell, I dont understand why i have to bypass the chime for the Wyze doorbell to work, it should be seemless in that case.

TLDR: Wyze should keep the price at $29.99, not being able to use native chime is lame, better HD quality would be great, and offer more customization for motion events. If those are implemented it will be worth the current price.

2 Likes
  1. Unable to trigger my old doorbell chime with the wyze doorbell wired in.
  2. It would be nice to be able to buy and install multiple chimes for one doorbell , especially since it can’t trigger existing doorbells simultaneously.
  3. When displaying the feed on an Echo show, the image is rotated 90 degrees, unlike the other wyze cams which display correctly.

I’m completely disenchanted with the doorbell and disappointed in Wyze. Between the lack of an SD card slot and the fact that it can’t power the two existing bells makes it unsatisfactory for the task. Shame on Wyze for making such a crippled product and shame on me for not doing my homework before buying it.

1 Like

Oh, I almost forgot, but the doorbell also needs pre-recorded responses you can use when someone’s at the doorbell! Please add this option!

I feel silly but how wold that stop anyone? Can’t one just use a flathead and pry up the bell on the side?