Ideas for Wyze Doorbell V2

Your move Wyze…

I await the eventual update to the video doorbell that takes advantage of thia update to the Google Assistant API, as well as an update to doorbell latency to fully take advantage of this development.

9to5Google: Google Assistant gains open support for smart home doorbells.

This new was just dropped in the Android Community forum. Hopefully this means there’s good news on the horizon for Wyze users that are tied into the Google Home Ecosystem?!
Anyways, I thought it’d share this with you guys in hopes to spread the news and keeping our fingers crossed for the support!

I do hope this will be a thing, it would help my not tech roommate alot I think. Also the all the cams in one place thing about using Google assistant is nice.

I just got my video doorbell installed and am surprised and disappointed that it does not have local SD card storage like the rest of my Wyze devices. Even my wireless outdoor cams record to the SD card inside the hub. I feel like the doorbell could/should be able to send video to the wireless hub or even another cameras SD card on the network. I don’t really need or want to have cloud services and certainly don’t want to pay monthly for each device I own so I really like how the rest of my system works using the local SD card storage.
Thanks,

2 Likes

Video Doorbell with Local Storage, jumper for chime, multiple A/C chimes.

I basically need a very narrow doorbell with local storage (16gb internal or SD card). Make your WyzeCam V3 into a wired doorbell and I’m buying it.

Thanks.

If you own a Wyze Video Doorbell, or a Wyze Lock, please fill out this survey!

4 Likes

As someone in an apartment without doorbell wiring, a true “wire free”/battery operated version would be great.

1 Like

@WyzeShanee, I’m happy that the company is seeking feedback. I just went to fill out the survey, but they might need to revise the final question of ranking the 4 features. All of those features imply owning BOTH the lock and the doorbell. Some of us own only one or the other, I own only the lock. I can’t rank any of those features since I don’t have them. They need to think of other features applicable to only one or the other and list those, and possibly add an NA option we can use for features that don’t apply to us.

2 Likes

I agree about the need for SD Card. I have received multiple packages and I don’t have any recordings of them being delivered. It is like they magically appear, but yet I get notifications of bugs and Bees flying into the doorbell camera (pretty cool). I am not sure if the delivery person is standing outside the camera range and throwing them on my porch (which would explain the busted glass in one of my packages) but I can’t go back and watch it due to lack of recording.

2 Likes

Having all of my doorbells flashing yellow during an internet outage at night does not seem like a fantastic idea. It seems to very clearly broadcast to anyone going by that all of our cameras are non functional. The app should be sufficient to notify us of a connection or failure…or at the very least maybe flash the indicator on the chimes inside the house.

3 Likes

My Doorbell sits at 90 degrees from my Door… Angle plate works, however I’m about 10 degrees from getting the full view of my walkway,

I need more then one angle plate. Please include, or make ava more angle plates.

2 Likes

Please look into getting better Google integration with the Wyze Doorbell, it would be great if I could ask Google to see the doorbell cam on my unit and he able to see it, I know it’s not yet compatible but it must “almost” be, Google Hub sees it and everything, just can’t load the stream

1 Like

like this…eufy Security Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) | eufy Security

I agree. It needs an SD card for continuous recording and also a need to record events all day but limit notifications of events to certain times.

1 Like

The longer I have this doorbell the more I think it needs to have an option for an SD card, I think it would benefit from continuous recording.

It also needs to be much harder to remove from it’s mounting.

1 Like

The wyzw doorbell needs an SD card for continuous recording and also a need to record events all day but limit notifications of events to certain times. If you schedule event notifications to certain time, then the door bell does not record events. Such a waist that wyze can’t fix a few things on the doorbell and cameras.

1 Like

Last week, I had a TV delivered to my house. The Delivery driver placed it on the porch. When I tried to see the Doorbell cam, it was offline. Thankfully nobody stole the TV…but what if they had? Why have a camera when it doesn’t work when needed? Wyze dropped the ball on this, SD card should have been in the design!

2 Likes

Having just survived some serious heat here in Portland OR, I noticed that my doorbell would go offline in the afternoons when the sun was beating down on my front door. Seems likely that was heat-related… so v2 could use some better heatsinks probably (also I’d say the doorbell should be able to gracefully reboot itself and reconnect to wifi without needing to be powercycled manually…)

2 Likes

This is why the doorbell needs a stronger attachment plate.

2 Likes

V2 of Wyze Doorbell Cam needs to:

1. Have RTSP support like the V3 cams currently have in Beta
  2. Have an SD Card like a V3 Cam
  3. Work properly when displaying on a Amazon Echo Show (Sideways… not so functional)

@WyzeShanee is a V2 camera in the works? or a concept that is just that…, and it’ll be years before V2 is available?

SJ

3 Likes