Ideas for Wyze Cam V3

Would be great if Wyze could come out with WiFi Outdoor Camera’s and also Solar WiFi Outdoor Camera’s to compete with current brands. It’s difficult to have so many apps for smart home, you’d like to keep them all under one umbrella.

Now it is 110 degree.
Can you make it more, 180 or close to it would be ideal for outdoor usage

Current cam though is HD but d image quality is not sharp During daylight but even worse when it’s in Low light or infra. So wish wyze cam can be Equipped with a Len that yield much better Higher quality ie sharper image even in Low light infra.

At a minimum…

1. True 1080p 30 fps recording or better. Even at the the current 15 fps the bit rate is so low detail it is unacceptable. At 15 fps I don’t expect smooth motion but I do expect a lot clearer image. Even things that don’t move lack detail.
  2. Make it so I can access the cam with a PC… INCLUDING downloading the SD card actual files without removal of it. Not the “play it back and record the playback” stuff. I want the full quality actual files unaffected by WiFi speed and compression.
  3. Support for larger SD cards to handle the larger files generated by the higher quality.

A wanted but not expected item… Some type of OPTIONAL base station that could handle the WIFI for many cams. Not only have it handle or replace WiFi but also give it user up-gradable storage. This would take the load off regular WIFI network, and provide safe remote accessible storage.

2 Likes

When I was installing all my camera around my house, getting power was a problem. I didn’t want to drill holes through the walls to get access to a receptacle. I already have motion sensor lights all around my house. So instead of drilling holes in my walls, I took the 5v USB Power Supplies and soldered some leads to the prongs and insulated them. Then, I unbolted the motion sensor lights from my house and hooked my new leads across the motion sensor power leads, stuffing the USB Power Supply in the motion sensor connection box and running the USB cable around the the light and to the camera. Any chance you guys will be making a small power adapter that can be hardwired and fit inside a round lighting connection box any time soon? This really made my installation easier, plus I could reposition the camera easier.

I hope some of these ideas might be able to be integrated with Wyze Cam V3 ideas: Wyze Cam Outdoor V3 Ideas

I would love to see a true pet cam. Stationary and up to 360° with a much much better speaker and mike setup than the normal Wyze cam. I currently use 2 wyze cams to cover the bedroom and bathroom where I put my 2 dogs if I go out. But one is a puppy and twice now I had to rush home because she got into something, a better audio system that they can hear clearly enough to understand would be awesome. I did by 3 normal wyze cams and a tracking cam but some how lost or had stolen the motion cam and one of the normal ones, all in all the video is fine but the audio is not acceptable and I hope for improvements in the future.

Welcome to the community! they have a wyze cam pan if you want a camera that can rotate. There is an issue with the sound though.

I bought one but it disappeared along with one other basic Wyze cam, but the audio is my main concern. I am currently looking on Amazon for remote pet cams with better mikes and speakers.

Good morning. I love my cameras. I have 12 cameras now. I ordered the new outdoor camera which will make it 13. I was wondering if there is a development for a higher definition camera. I know the imagine looks awesome now. But once you zoom in it doesnt look great. I recently look at a playback of a video footage from a police camera that they used 4k and it blew me away.

thanks

Unsubcribe

I really enjoy using the Wyzecam as an outdoor time lapse camera, but since it wasn’t designed as such for that purpose and the video compression is so strong, that I am sometimes sad at the end results.

It would be great to see a purpose built version of the Wyze, or one with a different firmware with HIGHER QUALITY settings and optimized as a time lapse camera.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

1 Like

I have an idea slash request. Can wyze cams be used to radar vehicle speeds on my street? Seems like something I could do manually by measuring the distance of what the camera sees and dividing that by the time it takes to travel that distance but I bet the geniuses at wyze could whip up an algorithm where users input the distance themselves and wyze spits out the speed of the vehicles going past my house. It would go a long way in ensuring our street was safe for children playing and people walking. I could then submit that information to the city and have them take action to make my street safer. I think this option would set wyze cams apart from the competition.

1 Like

Due to poor power supply in Nigeria and most of Africa, Wyze should consider a wireless camera that has uses GSM via Sim card to connect to the internet. Also an Api that will allow an owner to push a video to police will be very useful as detection combined with response that is tied to police will make your product a hit in Nigeria and Africa. Our company has a rapid response dispatch solution that can be integrated with Wyze App to enable users push video to police

I am looking for the same thing and want to capture car speed over 25mph and record it like person detection but car speed detection. I’m going to search for other cameras that might have this functionality.

Good luck with that. Remember the police do not use cameras to detect speeders, they use radar that in turn may trigger a camera.

But cameras are inherently inaccurate for such an application and as such are not used, indeed they are not even admissible in civil or criminal court for that purpose.

2 Likes

More customizable detection zone.

I would love a camera that has optical zoom. This camera is my favorite on the market, Has all the great features, but its price!! If you could make a similar camera in features for $100, I’d buy them up.

2 Likes

Also, better microphone that you can hear people better and yourself be heard better.

Please consider having wyze cam v2 capable of connecting by ethernet.
Could be done through house power line with a D link Powerline AV 500 [DHP-309AV] as this would stop disconnects
The other option is to write software so that indoor wyze cam can link to the base station of the outdoor cam - which is ethernet connected and this would prioritize the indoor cam as the only wifi connection to base station. This should stop disconnects