Ideas for Wyze Cam Pan V2

I would love to see the Cam Pan in black. White against all of my black and dark brown furniture really sticks out like a sore thumb.

https://wasserstein-home.com/products/protective-silicone-skin-compatible-with-wyze-cam-pan-accessorize-camouflage-and-protect-your-wyze-cam-pan?variant=13807257976876

Hereā€™s a skin for it and itā€™s available in black color.

1 Like

" * When you turn on the Pan Scan feature, your Motion Detection Zone setting will be changed to fullscreen (Detection Zone will be turned off). You can turn your Motion Detection Zone back on once you have turned off the Pan Scan feature."

I was excited when I first got the Cam Pan as it allowed setting of multiple scan areas. But then I found if I used this feature, I could not set-up detection zones for each of the scan areas. So if I used scan areas, I ended up getting alerts for cars driving by, people walking on the sidewalk, neighbors in their yards. So I had to install it in a fixed position which made it no better that a Wyze Cam. Its sitting on my garage bench now as it has been replaced with a Cam V3. PLEASE add the ability to set detection zones for each scan area on this cam!

3 Likes

Thank you!! I canā€™t wait for it to get here :slight_smile:

Has wyze considered making an outdoor pan scan camera or a solar panel for the outdoor cam so u donā€™t haft to get it down to charge when itā€™s high up

1 Like

How about a smaller pancam for inside that it more discreet?

Also what about an outside pancam? See many third party products but coming straight from Wyze would become more reliable.

#wishlist #roadmap #pancam #outsidecam

I would also like to see an outdoor pan cam maybe attached to a motion sensor light

Will you be updating the pan cam to have the new V3 camera? The improved night vision is amazing. No external light needed in my case.

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, donā€™t forget to VOTE for it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a Ham Radio Operator, and I have a 330ā€™ tower Iā€™d like to put a camera on, and I thought about how cool it would be if Wyze made an outdoor PTZ, because at that height youā€™re going to want to move the camera around to take a look at the view.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™d like to see as far as options on the outdoor PTZ.

POE (Power Over Ethernet)
Color Night Vision + Standard Infrared
ONVIF / RTSP Conformant

What do you think?

2 Likes

I think that sounds great but for that kind of view wouldnā€™t you also want full 360 degree rotation and an optical zoom lens? Maybe sky view too for star and object tracking.

1 Like

If your up at 330 feet, the IR illuminators arenā€™t going to help you much as they dont put out enough light to project more than maybe 50 feet, The V3 low light capabilities are what you wantā€¦ gotta wait though for them to decided to do a PT version I guess.

You can get a POE to 5 volt converter on Amazon for $23 .

1 Like

Itā€™s harder to make a camera weatherproof with swiveling gaps, of course. Seals are more prone to leakage when movable, and costs would rise.

Competitor Reolink advises only mounting its Argus PT upside down for that reason.

The night vision on the pan cam v2 is not so good. I just bought a V3. Now I miss the ability to pan and such.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping a Wyze Cam Pan can be made. One that can handle the cold/heat. That can come with a outside corner mount to be able to scan areas of the house for 360 coverage. A plug in, wireless or solar option with the original auto pan zones.

1 Like

About this topic, Wyze cofounder Dave Crosby just said:

We are anxious to put a starlight sensor in Wyze Cam Pan at some point, but right now we canā€™t even get enough chips to keep Wyze Cam v3 in stock so we will have to wait.

5 Likes

I just installed my first Wyze Cam V3 on my porch and I am amazed at itā€™s performance so now I am wishing for a Cam Pan V3 as well.

I also would like a weather proof version Cam Pan V3 if it is possible.

I now have seven cameras in my home security system and I am enjoying all of them.

1 Like

Me too, as soon as these are available I will buy at least a couple of them, maybe even replace several of my other cams. I love that I can aim pan cams to watch a specific location like a V3, but then when something happens, they can follow the motion until itā€™s done, then reset itself back to the main thing I want it to watch. That is really useful.

I love the clarity of the V3 cameras especially in the dark. I already own three of the cam pan cameras and I really wish that you would come out with a cam pan camera with the V3 technology.

1 Like

I wish for the light on the wyze cam pan to be in the back of the camera, not the front. We use it as a baby monitor and it is too bright at night. We have a sticker over the light.

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, donā€™t forget to VOTE for it.**

You can turn the light off