I will NOT order from Wyze again!

I placed an order on 5/6/21 and still have not received it here it is 5/20/21. For the past couple of days FEDEX tracking said it would be delivered by the end of the day including today, but FEDEX is no longer delivering at this hour, and checking the tracking number it shows it is still in MA. If Wyze wants to have customers buy their products they better get a better shipper. I see a lot of people wondering when the cam V3 will be back in stock, here’s a little tip for you. Check your local Home Depot stores, my local area stores all have it in stock with the 32gb SD card included. I thought I’d give Wyze a try, and while the cameras are good, paying $20 a year for each camera is ridiculous. I also have Ring and the protect plus plan that includes monitoring of my alarm system and a unlimited number of cameras for $100 for the year. Using the Wyze alarm system which is $60 a year, you would only be able to have 4 cameras. The plus to Wyze is that the SD card could eliminate the cloud service, but it’s a pain to go back through the recording to find what your looking for unless you know exactly what time you want. In a reality I wouldn’t invest heavily in their ecosystem as I have a feeling they won’t be around long.

2 Likes

There is so much here, it’s hard to even know where to begin… I read these forums because I want to genuinely see what people are experiencing… feedback, tips, rumors, news…

I know company forums are a place to go to let the public know of dissatisfaction. But what I find, is that people just seem to want to complain. And so, I guess I’m complaining about the complainers.

Let me just respond to your first complaint before you veered off. Your local FedEx experience, is not the universal FedEx experience. Of course every single person in the world has a story of how they suck as a shipper… But does anyone remember when things took 6-9 weeks and that’s IF you paid for C.O.D.??? Look it up young’ins!

Modern logistics and shipping, especially during a pandemic is a modern marvel… and if you think it’s going to get better, you are wrong… nobody goes to the store, we are all slaves to Mr. Bozos…Shipping and chip shortages are going to get worse before they get better.

Wyze would be foolish not to use FedEx most of the time. They are good at what they do most of the time. But it’s a free market, you are free to make your own shipping/logistics company and get some of that business!

I hope you get your camera(s) and everything works out. I am a very happy customer of both Wyze and FedEx. But like all relationships, they have their ups and downs. And that’s ok.

Peace be with the rest of your week.

2 Likes

Gee I detect a little sarcasm. But It was easy to figure out why when you referred to young- ins. I’m glad FEDEX works well for you!

We’ve all felt like this and said the same thing. But its impossible to beat their products. I figure in 12-15 years they will work out their shipping issues. (Of course I will be dead by then, but you folks will be sitting pretty).

You think you have it bad? I placed an order in Dec '20, canceled it in Feb '21 and reordered. It shipped 4 May and is expected to arrive 3 June. Its been sitting in CA for three days and they let it sit there for 10 days then pass it to USPS. And USPS sends it around earth 4-5 times before they stop off here in Hawaii. So, yes, we know.

I agree they have a good product, but the shipping is terrible. While in Home Depot is when I came across the Wyze camera v3 and saw that it was $38.96 but it included the 32gb SD card, so not much different in price. Plus they had plenty in stock. Even if I decided to order one online today, it says that it will be delivered by Sunday 5/23. Beats waiting for FEDEX

1 Like

Wyze has had shipping issues with Fed-Ex prior to the pandemic.

That’s why I buy Wyze products elsewhere - I only buy directly from them when they’re new products and only available from Wyze.

I have had very good luck with Wyze shipping… I just ordered a V3, and got it a few days later. Before that, I ordered other V3’s, and goten them in a timely fashion… I have no issues with Wyze shipping.

1 Like

No issues with FedEx shipping. Ordered v3 cams several times. Had a shipping notice the day of or the day after ordering and packages were delivered in under a week each time

it’s not Wyze it’s FEDEX that the issue was with. I ordered my v3 on 5/6 was notified it shipped on 5/7, and it was just delivered today 5/21, Seems like it depends on where you live, but 2 weeks is a bit unreasonable. And it seems that it’s not just Wyze, I have a package that was shipped by Lowe’s, got an alert from FEDEX that it would be delivered on 5/22, and then ten minutes later I checked the FEDEX app and it now says EXPECTED delivery 5/25. I don’t know if it’s just my area but this happens more often than not with them. USPS and UPS are reliable in this area, never have an issue with them.

Are any of you outside of medium to large cities? I have very occasional problems with FedEx, but my delivery time only varies by a day.

Where do you live? On the same street their business is located? LOL

Unfortunately, this is the entitlement generation. They want it, and they want it now. Because Amazon does it, everyone should. It reminds me of Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It will come back to bite us, including the entitled generation here very soon.

2 Likes

Well tell me. Should a package from Wyze to me sit in CA for nearly a week?
And still is sitting there? This was collected from “track my shipment” just two minutes ago.

• May 20
    12:56 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    FEDEX SMARTPOST CHINO, CA
  • May 20
    12:56 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    CHINO, CA
  • May 20
    8:36 AM
    In transit
    CHINO, CA

Well, they use smart post which in general is slow to begin with. It gets shipped by FedEX and then dropped to USPS. Why you ask? Well, when you want a cheap item, cheap shipping keeps the cost down. You want to know how many packages I have ordered that have been lost in the last 8 months? I don’t have enough fingers to count, and none were shipped by Wyze. It’s either delayed or lost. If this is your only one, consider yourself lucky.

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t really asking. I know they use Smartpost. Smartpost is terrible. They don’t give me an option. One would think they are sending to third world country using Smartpost. And they have been doing this for years now. I’ve begged them to do something different.

Stuff I buy from them is almost every time 30 days to go the same distance from their warehouse as it is from Wash state to Florida - actually less.

You missed my point completely, but I’m not surprised. Stuff happens and there is nothing you can do. Leaving negative comments because it didn’t arrive in the time frame you wanted is unfair and the reason I look at reviews on places like Amazon with a grain of salt. I guess you better stop shopping with Wyze since they didn’t listen. In any case, I actually have something out for delivery now that I ordered 2 days ago from Wyze and I am in the middle of the country. I get you’re in Hawaii and while I would trade that any day, shipping to Hawaii has always been a challenge for USPS. Maybe the complaint needs to be directed to them or FedEx.

Somehow, this has become the “let’s vent about 3rd party shippers” Wyze forum.

I guess I did miss your point. Stuff does happen. But I guess you think we should expect it every time with Wyze shipments via FedEx Smartpost (which ain’t very smart).

We don’t have problems with USPS. We have problem when FedEx lets a package sit (as of today) a week at one of their depots before moving it along to path.

1 Like

Hi. Not somehow. It happens because after years of sending stuff to some states via FedEx Smartpost and complaints from customers - they are still doing it. I’m complaining about Wyze’s choices of shippers.

Your in Hawaii…an island…not sure which one but almost 2000 miles from the US Mainland. SmartPost is a cheap shipping method which FedEx probably holds all items until they have enough to ship to Hawaii. I doubt they are loading a few packages and flying to Hawaii on a daily basis. I could be wrong, but for efficiency I could see them waiting until they have enough. Sure they probably fly express and overnight regularly but my guess is they don’t ship smart post on the same flights. Again, I could be wrong, but I’d contact FedEx and ask. If they are in possession of the package, they should be able to tell you. As for why Wyze continues to use them, I’m pretty sure it is so we can buy a $25 camera or $59 alarm system. I guess you need to find a different company other than Wyze. I don’t see them changing shippers anytime soon.

1 Like