I was robbed. Wyze, can you enhance this video to get a license plate number?

As others have mentioned, the TV CSI shows can dramatically exaggerate what is possible.

But, enhancing a video to get a license number is a lot more possible than enhancing a still image. This is because, a video is composed of a LOT of still images shot in sequence. So, it is possible to aggregate the many pictures in a way to increase the resolution. Sort of the way pixel shifting can be used in a projector to enhance the resolution to 4k, even if only a standard HD imaging system is used.

-Joe

1 Like

Here is one company that provides this as a service. I have no idea of the cost. Also, the police may already have the software, or will pay to do it through a service.

-Joe

For an empty post with a dead URL this thread’s gotten surprising traction.

The more I look, I see that this issue is quite common, and there are a lot of solutions out there. Though, many of the solutions I came across were geared towards police departments. Some offered it as a service to anyone.
The main search terms to use include, Enhance video license plate. Also perhaps Forensic is a good way to distinguish the professional services.

-joe

Found some free software. Note that I have no experience with it, nor can I vouch for it in any way. I am puzzled why such software would be free, but see that they charge for the training. This is important for someone testifying in court how they enhanced the video.

https://videocleaner.com

-Joe

1 Like

Nice find. Pity their web site is an unholy mess.