I seem to have blown my doorbell due to wrong wiring

Hello Community,
I followed the video tutorial for installation but seems like I have blown my doorbell, now the doorbell doesn’t turn on. Can anyone assist in finding a fix for this please ?

Welcome to the Wyze community @Arun!
How did you originally wire the doorbell?

You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646
Or online: Wyze.com/support
Wyze Support has extended their live support hours for a better support experience. (Excluding Holidays & Emergencies)
WEEKDAY HOURS:
Monday - Friday 4 AM – 8 PM PT

WEEKEND HOURS
Saturday 8 AM – 4 PM PT

1 Like

Thank you @Brlepage was hoping to see if anyone else has gone through a similar situation, will contact wyze and see if they can give me some advice.

1 Like

@Arun Welcome to the forums!

I think the community would be able to help you better if you can upload some pics of your wiring setup. When you say “blown my doorbell” did you burn any wires blow a fuse or anything?

2 Likes

@StopICU33 thanks for your response . So what happened is that I tested my new Doorbell using USB power and it worked well, then I went ahead and followed the installation video where they show how to fuse the existing chime box wiring , and then connect power to Wyze doorbell, that’s what I did. But then I realized the voltge we have is 240v and not 16v-24c AC. BUT THIS WAS. NOT EXPLAINED ANYWHERR IN THE INSTALLATION VIDEO. After I switched power once connected, heard a loud sound and the main circuit breaker tripped. Thereafter my new Doorbell didn’t turn on… Really sad about this and very unfortunate that Wyze didn’t give a comprehensive installation tutorial.

That is a very high voltage to run a doorbell! Please use a voltmeter whenever you are doing ANY kind of electrical work. And next time turn off the circuit breaker.

Like @StopICU33 said, can you post pictures of your different doorbell components?

Typically, you cannot easily find breaker for doorbell inside the main electrical pane. There are three steps you can take to solve your searching struggle.

[Mod Edit]: Referral link removed.