I posted this on reddit as well.
I do not post often, but I thought this should be shared.
I have been using Wyze cams for a little over a year now. I noticed one of my cam’s started clicking constantly, which was clearly the relay in the cam. I figured it was the IR detection and it swapping from night vision/normal camera. I was wrong. The real issue is the camera is disconnecting and re-connecting constantly, and possibly trying to write to the local SD memory?
From some research online, I could not find a definite answer on how to fix this, and nothing pointed to the SD card. It seems very common with the Cam v2.
I noticed something interesting, the problem did not happen if the SD card was not in the camera after a factory reset.
I found the solution is as follows:
1. Remove the SD card
2. Unplug wyze cam
3. While holding the button on the back of the camera, plug the camera back in and continue to hold until it asks for the QR code
4. Setup the camera as a new cam BUT DO NOT INSERT THE SD CARD
Did this fix your issue? It fixed mine. So the SD card was the issue. I tried to format this card on the camera and it “successfully” formatted after failing a few times, although it said the memory was still full… so clearly, it did not actually re-format the disc. The problem continued.
1. Plug the micro SD into a computer, I know this is an issue for most people. I happened to have one of theseCanaKit Micro SD reader ($6) laying around at work so I tried it out, worked great.
2. On a MacBook, i used disc doctor utility to re-format to MS-DOS(Fat32). Can be done on any PC.
3. Ejected the SD card and threw it in the wyze cam, all issues with connectivity and clicking are gone.
Hope this helps someone and also hopefully the Wyze developers see this! I work in software as a mechanical engineer, so I have a general understanding of how this may have happened. Things happen, my guess is a firmware update possibly bricked the SD card and needed something external to re-format. Regardless, please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Found on: FW Version: 22.214.171.124
Edit: I can’t get USB and SD straight to save my life.