How to use TinyCam Monitor Pro to view Wyzecam

I’m running NoxPlayer 7.0.19 on my Windows 11 Desktop HP-AIO. Have Wyze on TinyCam Pro on my smartphone with my WYZE cameras. I exported the setting thru Dropbox from my Smartphone to Dropbox on Nox Player and imported the setting saving me time. I run Wyze in a window in NoxPlayer running TnyCam Pro. Its been working well as another method to send WYZE to your desktop.

Been using TinyCam Pro for over a year. Seems after the last update on the base station for the outdoor cams I’m getting this error on all the outdoor ones.
““failed to connect (IOTC ER Device reject by wrong auth key)””
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks

I’m getting the exact same error with my Wyze Cam Outdoor.

P2P failed to connect (I0TC ER_DEVICE_REJECT _BY_WRONG _AUTH_KEY)

All my other v2, v3 and pan cams are working. Firmware is updated, The tiny cam app is current on my FireTV.

It’s on Channel 1 and it is the first device in my Wyze app.

Ideas?

In current versions of TinyCam you can select cameras by UID instead of selecting a channel in Advanced settings.

Maybe that will provide you better results?

Thanks! Tried that. No joy. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m also getting the exact same error with my Wyze Cam Outdoor.
P2P failed to connect (I0TC ER_DEVICE_REJECT _BY_WRONG _AUTH_KEY)
All my other cams are working. Firmware is updated, The tiny cam app is current on my Nvidia Shield.

Sigh, sounds as if someone needs to report this to the developer. :frowning:

Haven’t a clue how to do that…but TinyCam Pro is incredibly crash-prone on my FireStick 4K Max…plus this…I’m wondering if I should find a different application to show my Wyze cams on the Firestick? Not sure an alternative exists though…

Only if you install RTSP firmware on the cameras (or run the Wyze Docker Bridge somewhere else).

You can report the possible new bug / incompatibility to the author. His address is right on the support page and I’m told he responds.

https://tinycammonitor.com/manual.html

Thanks, I emailed the developer all the details I could think of. We’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

It’s working on my Android phone now but not on FireStick.

2 Likes

1 Like

That did the trick for me. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get it to work following you directions. I am running two factor authentication for logging in to my WYZE.
Would that be a a problem?
Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Haven’t been using TinyCam lately. I do know it works with 2FA. As I recall it prompts you during the camera setup process.

What version of TinyCam are you using? It needs to be the updated version.

Also, TinyCam’s 2FA for the Wyze linked cams will automatically force a code generation from Wyze, but only if you have SMS 2FA enabled in the Wyze App. I have only seen the Auto Generate SMS Code work on the Android TinyCam App. Mine would not Auto Generate a code on a Chromecast load and I have read of the same issues on side loaded FireTV\Stick.

I have not seen any successful Auto Generation of an email 2FA code from TinyCam. If you are using an Authenticator App, the 2FA code generated for Wyze will work.

How come 2FA from email is worse?
If I have email only 2FA and add authenticator or text method will I have to relogin in all apps?

I don’t know. You would have to ask the TinyCam Developer. I just know I tested it and TinyCam wouldn’t initiate an Email 2FA Code. I had to get it from my Authenticator App. But as soon as I turned on SMS as my 3rd alternative, when the TinyCam 2FA input field appeared, I instantly got a text from Wyze with the code.

It shouldn’t. When I added email and then SMS it didn’t require that I log back in.

I’ve just successfully installed and configured TinyCam Pro on a Sony Bravia 4K VH2 television running Android TV OS 10. I ran into some difficulties but worked through them, and want to share the details for anyone else that might encounter them.

I tried a number of other IP camera apps available in the App Store for TV OS and none worked. Don’t waste your time - as others have said, TinyCam Pro works “out of the box” (with the clarifications that I provide below).

Problem #1: Two-Factor Authentication
Contrary to other posts saying that I would be prompted for the code sent to me by Wyze (in my case by text message), I was not. After entering my Wyze username and password, and attempting to connect to a camera, TinyCam Pro just gave me connection errors, and never asked for a 2FA code. I had to disable 2FA in my Wyze account, which can only be done from the mobile app and not the website, to get TinyCam Pro to connect.

Problem #2: Channel Numbers
If you follow the specific instructions from TinyCam Pro for Wyze cameras and Android, which you should do, there’s one important step missing:

After completing step 3B (username and password), choose Camera Status and wait a few seconds for the results. At the bottom, under Additional Info, you’ll see a list of all your Wyze cameras that were detected, with Channel numbers. You have to use those same Channel numbers in step 3C, and you should complete step 3C even if you have only 1 camera to ensure that the correct Channel number is specified. For example, if you have 4 cameras, they will show Channel numbers 1-4, and you have to use the right Channel number for the camera that you want to view. Contrary to what’s implied in step 4, you can’t just choose any random Channel number for each camera - they have to match what’s shown in Camera Status. Also, if the camera assigned to Channel 1 is offline, and you don’t complete step 3C (and choose a different Channel number for a different camera), you’ll get errors from TinyCam Pro because it won’t be able to connect to the offline camera on Channel 1.

I’ve shared all the above with the TinyCam Pro team.

A clarification on 2FA and tinycam pro: If you have 2FA, tinycam pro sends the prompt for the 2FA password at the same place you set it up for Wyze login. So even though you’re setting up a TV and you set up Wyze 2FA on your phone, tinycam pro sends the prompt to your phone. Not the TV.

Other than this, these instructions are spot on.