How to Use the Roadmap

Hey, folks!

You all have amazing ideas about what we can do with our products moving forward. And we want to hear them! That’s why we have the Wyze Product Roadmap. Here’s how it works:

Posting

If you have an idea that you want to see, do a quick search to see if that’s already being discussed. If there isn’t a topic dedicated to it here yet, please make a post! That way people will be able to join the conversation and add likes to your post if they agree with your idea. However, if your topic is already in discussion, a mod will steer you toward the older topic and close the new one. We want to keep things tidy in here so that it’s easier for the Wyze team to see and consider your requests. :slight_smile:

Voting

We want to see how many people support each feature and what kind of impact it would have. Please vote for posts that you want to see implemented. If you want to add use cases or otherwise discuss the feature, please do that, too! We’d love to see likes on the use cases and ideas for when we start investigating how we want to implement the ideas.

Check the Status

We plan to update the status with locked tags so that you know where your request is in the pipeline. The tags we’ll be using are:

• launched
  • testing
  • in-development
  • researching
  • maybe-later
  • no-comment

Commenting

We love to hear use cases and comments are welcome. But instead of writing, “+1” or, “Me, too!” please vote. This will help keep the threads easier to read and make sure that your vote is actually counted.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

Great idea and implementation. What do you think about splitting the topic into 2 flows? One is for items that can be implemented though firmware updates to existing cameras (i.e ones that readers have already purchased) and the other for items that will need improvements to the design of the cameras (i.e ones requiring the purchase of “new” cameras). Since your firmware is not open source it is very difficult for a user to see what could be accomplished with a “simple” firmware/app upgrade compared to what requires a design change - obviously the request for the ‘color’ black is hardware but many other items requested are not obviously hardware vs software.

We could probably use a couple of tags to group posts this way within #roadmap but it would take some effort to get tags assigned. @WyzeGwendolyn, your thoughts?

Yes a point, but does this tagging not being done anyway otherwise how would the request to directed to the correct solution provider (or potential solution provider) within Wyze?

Sorry, I am totally not getting your reply. Could you try to restate it?