How to setup TinyCam with Wyze Cam - View in browser / TV

wyze-cam

I have heard that Tiny Cam might work On a Mac With an Android emulator Such as Bluestacks or NOX

Works Great, I got the TinyCam Pro free through Amazon Apps

Thanks for creating the instructions for setting up TinyCam App. I got my initial camera set up (Pan) and will come back here for more details. Much appreciated.

Thanks for this doc. Worked perfectly to setup my 3 Wyzecams, on the first try.

5 Wyze Cams streaming Simultaneously on phone and TV using TinyCam

TV

PHONE

Tinycam black Friday sale. $1.99.

Tinycam 50% off until Nov 24th

I’ve been all over trying to find help on this issue. tinyCam Pro user with 3 Wyze cams setup inside the app. Has anyone been able to view their cameras while on mobile or any other WiFi network other than the one the cameras are setup on? Everything works great while home but nothing while on mobile. Cameras have latest firmware, each one has it’s own channel in tinyCam. I don’t know what else to do.

WyzeFrederik
2 points · 23 days ago

Press ‘Add’ button in Account tab. Select ‘Wyze Cam’ as ‘Camera type’ and enter your Wyze login and password. Change camera number if you have multiple Wyze Cams.

As a member of the Wyze team, please be aware that we do not have a partnership with TinyCam. As such, providing your user name and password is AT YOUR OWN RISK and is not recommended by Wyze Labs. [my emphasis]

I find this confusing. I’ve searched and it’s the only “official” statement I could find. Yet there seems to be implied Wyze approval of Tinycam/Wyzecam use. Clarification?

This is a community forum, and the community provides the information on how to use Tinycam and third party firmware with Wyze cams. Searching the support section on the Wyze website, there is NO mention of Tinycam or third party firmware. They support and develop only the Wyze products and app. I have never seen any Wyze employee endorse using Tinycam, or third party firmware with their products. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Are there any iOS solutions? Tinycam is only Android iirc.

Sorry, none that I’m aware of. I’m an Android user. @Loki is an iOS user. Maybe he knows.

I don’t know of any. I asked the TinyCam developer about whether they’re planning an iOS version. The answer I got back was essentially “not at this time”. I can think of several reasons he might not be interested… Doesn’t know and want to learn the iOS development environment. Doesn’t want to pay Apple’s 30% tax. Maybe others. I guess all we can do it hope enough people as him that he decides it’s worth it.

https://tinycammonitor.com/manual.html

I’ve tried loading Virtualbox on my laptop, but it’s not happy with something. Without it, I can’t load TinyCam.

@DreadPirateRush

Good morning! This voice whispered to me in a dream:

“Don’t trust TinyCam.” because don’t trust anyone you don’t know with your Wyze credentials (because they are the key to your lock of privacy/security.) Having said that, we know you will, and we won’t prevent it, so judge TinyCam’s trustworthiness based on its online reputation (established on reddit forums, etc). Given the dearth of criticism TinyCam has received on the forums over >1 years, we would say TinyCam is trustworthy, but we can’t, because liability, deniability, etc. Thanks for buying WyzeCam!

(I’m gonna disarm the two-way audio function. On principle.)

…and I thought I had weird dreams. :stuck_out_tongue:

:drooling_face:

Time to wake up! You do realize google firefox and safari browsers listen to you while your on your computer and incorporated it into their search algorithm so they can serve up ads that you werent even searching for

Maybe for you, fresno. I’ve got DNT set to 1. :wink:

Currently testing tinyCam Monitor Pro on the “next to cheapest” Android “TV Box” (note: not real Android TV OS), found on Amazon.

Specs: S905W chipset, 2gb RAM, H264HW decoding supported. I chose the particular model because it has an Ethernet port. Plenty of stability risks going on without adding WiFi issues to the mix.

Approximately $35. Why go so cheap? Well… It doesn’t make sense to get a $100 to $300 server for a $20 camera, does it? This is a proof-of-concept for ActionTiles Customers. We want to know what the lowest priced feasible solution is. I think the next meaningful step up is an S912 (?) box in the $90 range: But at that price, using an “old” phone, tablet, or hacking a Fire Stick might be a better option.

Starting simple:

• Not rooting, but avoiding extra bloat too.
  • Using alpha vnc lite (because box is running “headless” - no TV monitor), which does not require root.
  • Both tinyCam and vnc are set to start upon boot.

Results so far?

• Testing with 2 Wyze Cams
  • Tested for a while on WiFi and seemed rather stable.
  • The “Auto Start Web server” on boot option frequently toggles off. Why?
  • Even after boot and manually starting tinyCam, the Web server often does not remain toggled on.
  • Using “Power safe mode” seems to substantially increase stability, but frame rate is 0.3 Hz (one frame per 2 to 4 seconds; not 3 to 10 frames per second). That’s acceptable to me, I’d like at least 1 Hz.

Next Steps?

• Rooting and removing the built-in Apps from the Box to ensure maximum resources are available.
  • Might try an alternative ROM. There seem to be some good ones.
  • I want to test this with some LAN RTSP camera(s) too. And try at least 3 concurrent Wyze.
    • Goal is to see if I can reliably serve 4 cameras, even if the frame rate is approx 1 frame per 5 seconds.

Ok, I realize this isn’t a Tinycam forum per se but maybe someone here can help. I was using tinycam on my phone to see the wyze cam in actiontiles. I wanted something that would stay fixed at home so it wouldn’t go off everytime I left the house. So I put Tinycam on one of my shields.

I set everything up the same and changed the IP address in tinycam and it will not connect to the new server on the shield. If I change everything back and turn on the webserver on the phone, it works in actiontiles. So it has to be something in the Tinycam settings on the shield.

I am using the guest access and set that up the same as the phone. The only thing I can see that is different is this,

On the phone, the last of the IP address was 113. I had the 8083 port forwarded and in the list it says that port is mapped to 124.

On the shield, the last of the IP address was 124 and if I map the 8083 port it is mapped to the same address. That is really the only difference at all that I can tell between the two settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

And by the way, I can see the camera in the Tinycam pro app on the Shield just fine. It is working as far as that goes, it is just the fact that actiontiles will not see it. And like I said, I don’t think it is an actiontiles issue because if I change the address in actiontiles to the webserver on the phone and turn the webserver on the phone on, actiontiles will see it. Literally the only thing that is changing when I do that is the last three numbers of the IP address to reflect the different server.