I tried to install a 256GB MicroSD Card in my new Wyze Cam v3 and when I clicked “Format Card” it would not work. Their website claims it must be formatted to FAT32 format, but that did not work. What worked for me was to:
- Unplug Cam
- Remove SD Card
- Insert SD Card into computer (Windows 10)
- Open ‘This PC’
- Right Click SD Card
- Select “Format…”
- Under “File System” Choose ‘exFAT’
- Ensure ‘Quick Format’ is selected
- Format the SD Card
- Insert in to Wyze Cam
- Plug in and turn on
- In the Wyze app: Choose the cam, Click Settings icon in the top right. choose Advanced Settings.
- If “Record to MicroSD Card” is checked (or can be checked) YOU ARE FINISHED. Selecting Manage MicroSD and Formatting the card will make you repeat the process.
Hope this is helpful.