How to remove microphone?

Hi. I do not want an active microphone in any of my cameras. Easy way to physically remove it?

I do not trust a toggle switch to prevent others listening into my home!

1 Like

Look at some teardown videos and some pictures. I believe the microphone is connected to the circuit board by a plastic plug which should be easy to undo.

Thanks so much! I decided today was the day I would try to paint the case matte black.

I did a bang out job cutting 2 nearly perfect circles and did the back pretty well, too. But, yeah, my painting technique looks like a 4 year old did it on a bad day.

I don’t understand why the manufacturer has such a problem with matte black and omitting microphones…hmmmm.

I’m so happy I was able to be of assistance. At least the microphone has a plug and isn’t soldered instead so it would be easy to have sound again.

Here is someone who physically removed the microphone from the camera:

https://blog.plip.com/2018/04/26/hardware-disabling-the-mic-on-wyzecam-v2/

Here is a wishlist item to VOTE for control over the audio in the live stream:

Here is a wishlist item to VOTE for control over user permissions (you wouldn’t want to turn off the live stream’s audio, only to have the person you are sharing the stream with turn it back on!)

3 Likes

Dont share it with here. Sign in under your original account name on her device. I had this same issue but now we both have the exact same controls.