How to get Individual camera notifications ( workaround)

I do need to use a test one, I would stop upsetting the wife when I crash the whole thing lol

1 Like

Will there any more discussion of the individual camera notifcation?

In general from Wyze ?Or on this particular thread? :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what this hack accomplishes. The notification already tells you which device was triggered.

1 Like

This work around allows you to set different notifications for each camera. You can have different sounds for each camera, I actually have recordings of a voice to tell me which camera it is and if it’s person or motion detection being detected.

the cameras in their regular form only make a sound. And that one sound is for every camera no matter which one’s going off.

3 Likes

If you set an individual sound for each individual camera when you hear that sound you know what camera you’re getting an alert from, so you know whether you need to look at it or not without touching your phone , locations of some cameras are more important than others

3 Likes

Ya beat me posting , I guess I was too slow typing

1 Like

I haven’t found an app on my iPhone that can do this yet, but I am sure that I saw an app that does just this so I will keep looking.

If you, like me, thought that an iPhone had better security and privacy than an Android phone than you haven’t heard the bad news. I am pretty sure that Apple will take great measures going forwards to protect our security, but for the last 19 years that simply hasn’t been the case. Every text, email, website, password, username, basically everything on your iPhone for the last 19 years has been made indiscriminately available to extremely careful entities. All the data from your iPhone could be accessed after an iPhone user merely browsed an infected website once, and then the exploit remained on the device until this February when Apple was alerted by Google, and patched this VERY quietly. Google’s Project Zero team, which works on defeating software vulnerabilities regardless of software or manufacturer, said malicious websites have been quietly hacking iPhones for countless years. The only way to be certain that you weren’t a victim is if you never surfed the web. So start changing your passwords now and more importantly, upgrade your IOS device to the latest version.

It’s complicated and not all of the details have been published, but you can pick through Google’s explanation http://click1.mail.dgit.com/rrjyfqgcnwtpyvfypkytnphgtrpwrgssvlchnfyctrv_hmmvbbmszvcwhvwbvnn.html, or skim comments on Hacker News http://click1.mail.dgit.com/qmdyqbgmshptyfqytvypstjgpwthwgccfdmjsqympwp_hmmvbbmszvcwhvwbvnn.html.

1 Like

An excellent and secure site to check all of the above mentioned is at:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

You can sign up to be notified or better yet FireFox has an extension that will automatically let you know if you are visiting one of those sites and also if you have been hacked!

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. I’m going to try this as soon as I get home, I’ll let you know how it went. Thanks again

You can read about the iOS breach here on page 5, not as bad as it was portrayed online…

AWESOME!! I setup an old nexus tablet to always have wyze app running so that my alerts always come through immediately and this is exactly what I was looking for to distinguish between the devices. I’ve used light flow before, but it didn’t occur to me to use it in this way. THANKS!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much Bam! I used to use Light Flow on old Android devices but didn’t know it was still around or had this function. I never would have figured this out. Now have personalized notifications for each of my Wyze cameras. Very convenient. Thanks again and Merry Christmas (or merry whatever holiday you celebrate :slightly_smiling_face:).

6 Likes

This is a perfect workaround for the flaw that forces my wife to receive notifications for all of our cameras, and not just the one that she wants. Thank you so much!!!

UPDATE: Lightflow no longer works for this workaround. They took away much of its functionality.

2 Likes

I don’t get individual devices in my list of apps, just one for Wyze. I’m not getting the Light Flow to work, and I wonder if that’s it. Any ideas?

That is all you’ll get is one from Wyze. The important part is to name the cameras themselves in the Wyze app such as"kitchen camera". that name is the effective “trigger” for that unique notification. the Wyze alert ( where you only have one option) is what tells light flow to look for the individual trigger words.

in the light Flow app you’re going to have a trigger when it sees that specific cameras name. That is the differentiation between the cameras. Because each camera will send the pop-up notification through the Wyze app showing the name of the camera you have set, the light Flow app reads that name and based on the trigger word, like in this example “kitchen” then it will set off the unique sound you have set for that camera and thus you will know what camera is alerting.

It seems more complex than it actually is and it’s very easy to overthink it. let me know if you understand this explanation it and if not I’ll try it a different way :slight_smile:

Sometimes it’s the simplest things that are hardest to explain

I am stumpped. I have used light flow previously. I downloaded it and had it set to give generalized audible notifications. It was doing that, but then stopped. I stumbled across your post and have been tryin in vain to get individual notifications from each camera. Not sure what is going on.

1 Like

welcome @sbuckman1960

did you do any sort of update or did you by chance rename your cameras?

One thing that changed in the years since I originally made this post was that. Wyze has given us the ability to change what type of notifications we get, so if your notification types are coming through differently and aren’t showing as I believe it’s a push notification, light flow won’t be able to read them. And thus work the way you want.

what do your notifications in the Wyze app currently look like?

Thanks for getting back to me, very much appreciated. Now some of the notifications are working and some are not. There are a couple things I did change and afterwards some started to work.

1. Uninstaller a live wallpaper that seemed to line up with when the notifications stopped working.

2. As a test, I added the notification title Wyze. I am running both Wyze Cameras and Netvue Cameras.

As I said, some are working and some are not. I suspect it is user error!

Can you provide some insight as to which motion detection Wyze selects for its notification when it has the icons for multiple events, i.e. motion, person, vehicle, pet?

Thanks again for your help and time.

Stacey

1 Like

I think this is the user error you might be eluding to. in lightflow it has to read EXCATLY as the notification does because that’s what lightflow reads from. I would go trigger your camera and screenshot the notification so you can get the correct articulation. my bet would be that being the issue.