How to get Cam V3 siren to activate

Has anybody here figured out how to get the Wyze Cam V3 to activate its siren when it senses motion? My cameras will alert me when there’s motion or sound, but won’t activate their sirens.

Yes, I have everything properly set up in the settings/menus. Thanks.

1 Like

Not available with this firmware. Would be nice to scare old Wiley

2 Likes

You can do it via Rules, or manually from the cameras “More…” menu. Not sure you want to automate it because there are so many ways to set up the camera that would cause false triggers, and you don’t want a siren blaring each time. But if you look at live view, and if you want to blare the siren, go for it!

Or just ask them what they are up to, lol.

1 Like

I used it the other day for people standing outside my house yelling across the street :rofl:

two screamed and took off running leaving the third just standing there confused… this was like 1600 in the afternoon so it’s not like it was even the middle of the night and they were doing something wrong…made my day

4 Likes

I am able to set up triggers that set off the Alarm on any of my V3s. Go to your settings for the camera whose alarm you want to trigger, select schedules and automations and follow the UI’s intuitive controls to have the device of your choice trigger the alarm…

On my back yard cam I have it set to go off only if a person is detected. Which has luckily never happened. As glichty as some of the tech is, the AI seems to be solid. Maybe I have this feature bc I recently switched to a beta version of the app, but It seems like a pretty basic thing to do considering triggers and automation is kind of the name of the game with smart home toys. And if you couldn’t trigger the alarm what would be the Point in my opinion…

Thank you very much for this. But as I said in my original post, I have everything properly set up in my settings/menus.

It still won’t trigger the alarm!

BTW: I don’t have any schedules set.

As you know, the siren in the “More” menu manually triggers the alarm.

I DO want to automate my siren in case someone enters my garage or breaks into the first floor of my house at night while I’m upstairs sleeping.

But I do not have the siren enabled while I am home during the day. So no worries about false triggers.

My post was intended more for the responses that say it is not possible to automate the siren… I will update if I find official info on the automation potential. For now the only article I found says it is not yet possible to automate with other devices (I have not tried this, but I will if I have time today). I suspect it is either a beta feature or the controls are in place but the software isn’t active to make it work.

Can you show a screenshot of your settings for the alarm? I can try the same set up and test it out.

The only screenshot that you would see anything worthwhile in is in Schedules and Automations where it says “Turn on the siren” under both my Garage and Family room. I can assure you that’s what it says.

My v3 doesn’t make a Sound when motion is detected. Where is the audio alert option?

Forget it. The rules let you select turning on the siren, but it NEVER does. Even if you set a schedule for it. REALLY BAD that they would not test that!!! They really need to release the streaming software for V3 so you can actually integrate this camera into a system!!

2 Likes

I completely AGREE… These cameras should “sound off” when it’s triggered, my cheaper ones DO!!

Solved, but in a backwards way. I also used a wyze plug as a trigger. The wyze plug does not have anything plugged into it, it is only a trigger. Step one is to set up a rule so that the cameras motion detection turns on the trigger. Then set up another rule that when the trigger goes off the siren goes off on the camera. I have a third rule that says after 20 seconds the trigger turns back off to reset.

Since I have multiple cameras, I have all the sirens go off when the indoor cameras detect motion in the middle of the night. Flip on lights too, to make sure anyone intruding knows they have been detected beyond doubt.

Solved. A v3 camera cannot trigger it’s own siren. You need to use another v2 or v3 camera (or other wyze device) to do it. Yes, as of October 2021 you need 2 cameras to use the siren.

One camera sees the problem, another sounds the alarm. You can try and do it on the same v3 camera, but it won’t work.

So on the main page or in the settings menu…

Add a rule for a device trigger (for a motion event or person) on the camera device that can see what you want to alert.

Then add an action to turn on the siren on another v3 camera. It’s not that loud and only runs for 30 seconds. You don’t need a rule to turn off the siren .

I use it to scare off birds that crap all over my balcony.

Screenshot_20211017_104222_com.hualai

UPDATE: I just got the siren working using just one v3 camera. Ie the same camera detects the motion and sounds the alarm.

I’m beginning to think that certain cobweb “styles” are confusing the person detection AI. I pull up the cam to see the person, and, all I see is a cobweb vibrating in the wind.

“UPDATE: I just got the siren working using just one v3 camera. Ie the same camera detects the motion and sounds the alarm.”

Could you tell me how you did this. When I set my camera to sound the siren when it detects motion, it sounds the siren immediately when I put it into my “Home” or “Away” modes. :disappointed:

Here is my setup for detection and siren on the same v3 camera. It didn’t work at first then started working for some reason, takes less than 10 seconds for the siren to start. About the same time it takes for the notification to come thru.

1 Like

Hi. Could you share with us the firmware version your KittyCam is running, please? Thanks

My software for my v3 camera does not show the same things as yours.

When I put my software into my personally-named “Away” mode, I want my Family Room camera to detect motion and then sound the siren. But when I go to the Edit Rule screen, I am presented with these options:

Turn on motion detection

Turn on the siren

I don’t have the “WHEN” and “Detects motion,” and “ACTIONS” like you do.

And when I set my Rules up to Turn on motion detection and Turn on the siren, the siren immediately sounds when I put the software into Away mode.

How did you get to the Edit Rule screen you show in your post? Thanks.
Btw: I supposedly have the latest firmware – 4.36.3.19
I’d also like to know which firmware you are running.

Here are the system details for the cameras that the siren is working on. BTW. I am not using my cameras as part of any home security system.

To add a rule i am using the + button on the top of the main screen.
Then …
Add Rule
Device Trigger

1 Like