How to get alerts when App isn't open

how to get push notifications via text when app isn’t open

You should be getting push notifications even when the app is not foreground unless they’ve been disabled at some level. I will post below a summary of the notification controls. If that doesn’t help, please submit a Support Request. Note that text SMS notifications are not available. However, if you want to vote for that feature, see this: SMS (text message) notifications.

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the camera’s Settings > Notifications > Send Notifications > On/Off. When this switch is On, you can use the three switches below to separately control Person, Other Motion and Sound notifications. These can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. They do affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app. Make sure the bell icon does not have a slash through it.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

2 Likes

@Loki Is correct you should be getting notifications when your phone is in the locked position screen. My iPhone screen is black and then when the notification pops up I get this screen. Just don’t happen to have any notifications right now.