How to fix "you're not on the same network" for downloading timelapses?

Hi @lvader may have misunderstood your post or didn’t read title.
The Download from SD card is on the Wishlist

No, I’m not looking for direct download from SD card. I’m using in app Camera->Albums->Video.
It shows recorded timelapse, but trying to tap on it leads to “Connect to same wifi” pop-up message in the app. Previously that functionality worked (at least in May/June timeframe).

So the time lapses as far as I understand are stored on SD card. If you can pull up live views you don’t have a WiFi issue. I have never tried time lapses but this one sounds mysterious. Maybe a bug.

Oh wait, if your phone is perceived as being on a separate network then that would explain it.

1 Like

Yes, time lapse is recorded, stored properly on sd card (I checked content of SD card on computer), but app thinks that camera and phone on different wifi, even were it is not the case – they are on the same 2.4ghz access point.

Try to determine the IP addresses of both and see if they are on the same subnet (the “x” in 192.168.x.y). It sounds as if your router may be blocking something.

So this is another App on your phone, not the Wyze App? In that case (guessing), a hook used to access the stream may no longer be available in current Wyze release.

Once again: single dumb access point, same /24 net and addresses on both devices are from the same net. Single L2 network: communication between camera and phone is over wifi on the same wifi.
Router is separate device which is not involved in communication between those devices, only to outside world.

1 Like

It is official Wyze app. iOS, 2.16.25.

OK, I see. I’m able to view a video on my Android but haven’t tried a time-lapse as yet. Will have to try that. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in with a solution.

I have same issue on my v2 and gave up. But I just got my v3 and still same issue. I never got time lapse to work or viewable from app or pc. Tried to record time lapse few different times, seem to be successful but when try to view, either says not on same network or file don’t exist.

I finally got my time lapse to work.

So in your case the message was completely accurate (your post says your cameras were on the guest network).

No not really accurate thats it say not on same network. I had set my WiFi on my phone to the same guest network as cam. But guest network limits protocol access that the app must look for to be consider same network. Hope you get what I mean.

1 Like

Oh no kidding. Thanks, I missed that reading the post.

So it seem that bottom line don’t connect any Wyze cam to guest network in thinking of keep your internal network safe from potential hack. Lol

PS, I run dual router setup for that.

1 Like

Hm. in my case it is not guest network, it is the same network as both camera and phone. Surprisingly enough, that iPad on the same network is able to download timelapse, but iPhone - not. Same app, same network, same firewalls…

1 Like

Sorry this was not helpful in your case. But good thing is that you just narrow it down to your iPhone being the issue.

I know for android not all device are equal or work the same. example: android devices all have limitation on what version android os can be install which then dictates what version apps will work on said system.

I used to be IOS user but proprietary and limited customization, even with jailbreak made me jump ship.

I would compare your iPhone to your iPad. See if both Wyze app are same version. Then log into your router and make sure both devices show up in same network and subnet. Make sure the Wyze app has permissions to access IOS pictures gallery.
Turn on location just in case Wyze app used it in background to verify something. There got to be something the iPhone is preventing the app to see the same network.

Good luck

So, there is confirmed bug in the iPhone app then?
I have exactly the same issue.
I have triple checked that they are indeed on the same wifi network.

Same issue here. A few month back I was able to download time lapse video in Wyse app; now I get the message “not on same wifi network”.

This is definitely a bug. All devices are on same network, nothing has changed on my side but Wyze app and cameras’ firmware versions.

Thanks for the suggestion to turn off Mobile Data. That WORKED for me! I could see the time lapse video in the Album but it would fail to download and ask me to verify that I was connected to the camera. After disabling Mobile Data, it downloaded it just fine. I never would have guessed that would work.

1 Like