How to download a clip from my continuous recording to give to police

Is there a way to download a clip of a robbery from my continuous recording to give to police? Thanks

Sorry to hear you were robbed.

The ability to record from playback is in beta right now. You could sign up for beta and do it that way. However, for something as critical as this, I’m not sure I’d want to risk losing that video in case something goes wrong with the beta firmware install.

Alternatively, you can remove the SD card from the camera and play/save the files on your computer.

If you don’t want to remove the card from the camera, if you’re using an iOS device, you can start the playback and then use screen recording to capture the video (no sound). See this:

You will have to edit the video to either rotate it 90 degrees (if you’re playing back in full screen) or crop it (if you’re playing back in portrait orientation) which can be done in iMovie.

If you are on an Android device, hopefully there’s a similar screen recording ability.

Thats unsat. You can play clips from manual. why can’t you play them from events?

1 Like

@pwaewbpics, The post you replied to is over 2 years old (note the timestamp in its upper right corner). Here’s the current info:

While playing back the SD card video via the View Playback button, you can tap the Record button, which will save what you’re seeing to your phone’s camera roll. You can then use the phone’s built in sharing features to share it from there.

While viewing a cloud event from the Events tab, there is a share button right on the video to share it directly from there.

1 Like