How to control Wyze Lamp Socket with Wyze Switch?

How can I control the Wyze Lamp Socket with the Wyze Switch? I set the switch to “Smart Control” mode, but the socket doesn’t show up as one of the smart devices. If I choose the camera connected to the socket, the switch turns the camera on and off, but not the lights. I tried not selecting any connected devices and then setting up a rule to turn on the lamp socket when the switch turns on, and vice versa, but it doesn’t work.

Nothing happens when I press the switch. I can turn the lights on and off from the camera screen on the app, so I know that is working. The sockets are worthless if I can’t use the switch to control them.

1 Like

I agree, it would be really nice if I could control the socket via the switch. It would have to override the motion detection settings if the switch was on.

I have the lamp socket outside with the v3 camera. The camera works great but I have been unable to connect the socket on the app. For the camera to work I have to leave the light on all the time. I don’t want to do this, I want to be able to control the light with the app.
How is it that my camera work off the light socket but the socket doesn’t connect in the app!!???

The camera controls the socket. If you turn off the power to the socket you turn off the camera. My suspicion is you won’t be able to control the light any other way, but I don’t have one to test.

Are you using the cable that came with the socket? Or are you using the one from the v3 camera? The one for the v3 camera is just a power cable (doesn’t carry data), so it doesn’t “control” the socket. You need to either use the cable that came with the socket (which is ridiculously short), or buy a microusb cable that does power and data.

Sorry it was not a lamp socket but a plug.

I have the same problem as ahecht described in the beginning of this thread. Does anyone have a solution for that problem?

Only solution I’ve found is to set double-tap to turn it on and long-press to turn it off.