How to Change Cam Pan Default Home Position?

Just received 2 Cam Pans.

Moved the camera to certain position, but in few seconds it went back to its default home position.

How can I stop the camera from moving back to its default home position ?

3 Likes

Regarding home position, I set up 3 waypoint positions, then selected one and pressed “save”. Apparently that waypoint position becomes the new default position.

But why I cannot move the cam to any position and the cam will stay there ?

Apart from this issue, I have to set Sensitivity to 70 or above before motion detection alerts work !

One more issue, local storage recording is not following motion detection zone defined. The cam is recording as if the detection zone is full screen.

For your last issue, I use continuous recording, but my understanding is that uSD recording based on motion detection is based on full screen and not the detection area. That was based on what I recall reading here on the forum on V1 & V2 cameras. Guessing the Pan is the same.

The motion detection zone works for both motion alerts and “Record events only” recordings on SD card for my 10+ V2s.

I have one V2 behind a window facing outside with many trees. I reduce the size of the detection zone during windy day, otherwise the recording will be like continuous one with many 1-minute video clips.

Any help regarding original question :

Moved the camera to certain position, but in few seconds it went back to its default home position.

How can I stop the camera from moving back to its default home position ?

I do not have any waypoints set up for my Pans, and the cameras seem to stay wherever I move them to. After I position the camera, if motion tracking begins, once the motion tracking event ends, the cams return to the last manually adjusted position. I do feel that it would be infinitely simpler if the app had a simple “Set Home Position” button that could be pressed to lock the home position location that the camera would return to after any manual or motion tracking event.

7 Likes

I have just submitted a ticket. Both of my Pans don’t stay in a new position but going back to home position after few seconds.

Can Wyze add those traditional pan & tilt functions of other brands, e.g. foscam, in controlling the Cam Pan with position controls , e.g. home, 1, 2, 3 , 4 … etc ?

1 Like

Did you find a solution to that problem because I’m having a similar problem?

1 Like

Yes – I set a “detection zone”.

I selected the camera, clicked the little cog at the top right, went to Detection Settings, then Detection zone.

I selected the area there, and exited, and it has stayed that way for me since.

I also have Motion Tracking and Pan Scan OFF – since several people told me to!

3 Likes

The only “solution” I got by trial and error is

1. Turn ON Motion Tracking, then Pan Scan ;
  2. Turn OFF Motion Tracking, then Pan Scan.

Doing this will make the cam stay @ the position you manually pan it to.
Otherwise the cam will go back to its HOME position in 30 seconds.

Looks like Wyze haven’t made any update regarding this feature, i.e. the camera will not stay in a manual position but going back to home position after 30 seconds. Wyze should give user the choice of having the cam to stay in any manual position.

3 Likes

Thanks, I really need to be able to choose a new home settings but I guess Ill have to wait for wyze to do so

If you want to set a new home position, go to “Camera Settings” → “Advanced Settings” → “Motor Controls” → “Pan Scan Settings” → “Set your waypoints” → , then you can add couple waypoints, but the waypoint selected before pressing “Save” will be the new home position.

2 Likes

And every time the camera is unplugged it forgets its home position and I forget how to reset it and I have to come back to this forum and read the comments again to reset it. Very counterintuitive.

2 Likes

Did anyone find a permanent answer to this I still have a camera that does this.

I use the app to set where I want the cameras aimed, but if the camera reset for any reason, and they seem to do this a few times a week, the aim returns to the default “home” (center of H and V pan).
I can manually set the H but that is not optimal, since for one cam that resting position is far to one side of the range I want to be able to pan.
I can not manually set the V since I need it pointing down (ceiling level mount) and don’t want it swinging an arc.
There should be a remembered setting in the camera that it returns to after a reset (hard or soft).

You can accomplish what you want in 1 of 2 ways. Either set your desired home position as the only waypoint on the camera under Advanced Settings motor controls. Or you can set a Detection Zone under Detection Settings. Either one will cause the camera to return to your desired position following a reset or power cycle.

5 Likes

This should be bumped up to the top if it is not because i was getting frustrated with the device going back to “home”… I just hope they get better with the tracking, because im getting tired of it locking onto my tv but i understand that is difficult

Did you try @rbruceporter’s suggestion? That is the best way to set a different default home.

1 Like

Go to Settings>Detection Settings>Detection zone. Set to on and use the controls to set the default position and the detection zone.

1 Like

Thanks, this seems to be working. My camera kept going back to the wall and getting stuck in that position.

1 Like