How to Change Cam Pan Default Home Position ?

wyze-cam-pan

Just received 2 Cam Pans.

Moved the camera to certain position, but in few seconds it went back to its default home position.

How can I stop the camera from moving back to its default home position ?

Regarding home position, I set up 3 waypoint positions, then selected one and pressed “save”. Apparently that waypoint position becomes the new default position.

But why I cannot move the cam to any position and the cam will stay there ?

Apart from this issue, I have to set Sensitivity to 70 or above before motion detection alerts work !

One more issue, local storage recording is not following motion detection zone defined. The cam is recording as if the detection zone is full screen.

For your last issue, I use continuous recording, but my understanding is that uSD recording based on motion detection is based on full screen and not the detection area. That was based on what I recall reading here on the forum on V1 & V2 cameras. Guessing the Pan is the same.

The motion detection zone works for both motion alerts and “Record events only” recordings on SD card for my 10+ V2s.

I have one V2 behind a window facing outside with many trees. I reduce the size of the detection zone during windy day, otherwise the recording will be like continuous one with many 1-minute video clips.

Any help regarding original question :

Moved the camera to certain position, but in few seconds it went back to its default home position.

How can I stop the camera from moving back to its default home position ?

I do not have any waypoints set up for my Pans, and the cameras seem to stay wherever I move them to. After I position the camera, if motion tracking begins, once the motion tracking event ends, the cams return to the last manually adjusted position. I do feel that it would be infinitely simpler if the app had a simple “Set Home Position” button that could be pressed to lock the home position location that the camera would return to after any manual or motion tracking event.

I have just submitted a ticket. Both of my Pans don’t stay in a new position but going back to home position after few seconds.

Can Wyze add those traditional pan & tilt functions of other brands, e.g. foscam, in controlling the Cam Pan with position controls , e.g. home, 1, 2, 3 , 4 … etc ?