How To Best Disguise Wyze Cam on Apt Front Door?

Hey community,

I live in an apartment complex, and hoping I could hear ideas and tips on how to best disguise the Wyze cam in plain sight? I would like some inconspicuous decoration for the front door that will conceal the camera from passerbys, Like, you would really have to get up in there and look to see it hidden. Any options, tips, tricks, and/or links to items you may have purchased to help you with this? Thanks in advance!

hi @WisdomIsMisery,

I have heard of several people using modified Birdhouses as a way to disguise them, The only issue with that is if you are using a Pan Cam ( the bird house wont move), But if your using a V2 cam that is pointed at a static location it seems to work well

1 Like

If they ever build a peep-hole camera, this would be a great fit. I place my cams on a window sill inside looking out. Being mostly white, the cam blends in and is safe from theft and weather.

2 Likes

I do the Exact same thing for my Pan Cam’s, the way I made it so they can still Spin, is I used double sided strong 3M strips to add a credit card sized peice of plastic with decent thickness and mounted the Pan cam on that.

1 Like

Oh man I’m gonna have to steal this and patent this idea dude… just wanted to let you know it was me who did it when you see it on Amazon a year from now!

2 Likes

@mattplanets start up a Gofundme? and get it started! :smiley:

1 Like

Shoot I have angel investors lined up already!

2 Likes

Vote for it here

2 Likes

2 Likes

Too late I already patented it

1 Like

@mattplanets Best of luck. Don’t tell anybody, but I got the idea from the wish list.

In your design, could you use a fish-eye lens? This should capture side to side traffic and ground-level package views.

Keep us updated on your progress.

1 Like

o.O The Fish eye! I didn’t even think of that, I wonder if I can use one of those cheap clip on lenses for my Phone and attach it to one of the cams…:thinking:

Edit: I’m goign to try this and Will post an update

1 Like

UPDATE: The Cheap Fish-eye lenses that you can get for Phones, don’t work half bad, I’ll post some images up later on this evening.*

1 Like

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Sorry about the delay in images, i set up my cam with the lens and forgot yo plug it back in after making the Frankenstein adjustment lol, keep a look out tomorrow! lol,

Edit: Im glad this is just a camera that grabs another angle from one of the main cameras lol I have some Still Images, but not ones I wanted to Post, Boxers plus me = :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’m still working on it, this is a Fisheye Lens on a V2 Cam.
EDIT: Also keep in mind that this is a cheap version of this lens So I was not expecting it to be spectacular. AND its going though a window

4 Likes

Very good. Shows a clear, large area.

1 Like