How to add a V3 camera without scanning the QR Code

I have an older Samsung phone that does not support QR scanning with it’s camera. How can I add the V3 camera to the WYZE app without scanning the QR code? I scanned the camera QR code by another method so I have the MAC address and device name from the scan.

Welcome!

The camera scans the QR, not your phone. During setup the Wyze app will generate the QR, place your phone in front of the camera and it will say “QR code Scanned”.

5 Likes

@rwegener Welcome to the Wyze community! See complete setup guide for v3 cam using link below.

V3 Wyze Cam Setup Guide

4 Likes

Let me ask the question in a different manor. Is there a method to setup the V3 camera without scanning the QR code. My phone’s (Samsung S7) camera will not scan QR codes. I don’t see any alternative setup options in the Setup Guide.

Thanks!

Stop and inhale.

You aren’t using your phone to scan the QR code.

The QR code is shown on your phone. You are to use the Wyze cam to “read” the QR code displayed on your phone.

Let me answer it in a different way …

Q : " Is there a method to setup the V3 camera without scanning the QR code."
A: No, not that we are aware of

Q: “My phone’s (Samsung S7) camera will not scan QR codes”
A: Where in the setup guide, does it tell you you need to use your phone to scan the QR code ?
A: It doesn’t !

The phone screen displays the qr code, then you use the v3 to look at your phone screen. Go thru the setup In app, and when it displays the qr code, aim your v3 at your phone screen.

3 Likes