How long does the bulb hold the configuration after power is removed?

“how long does the bulb hold the configuration after power is removed?”

Not certain if this will help you or not… But I’ve had a situation where we had lost power for several days… And in the end, the WYze bulb resumed normal activities (Disclaimer: The house Wifi went wacky and had to reset the router, rebooted each camera, etc., And then finally, fro the Wyze bulb, had to leave power on to the lamp, unscrew the Wyze bulb from the lamp., Waited about 10 seconds, then re-screwed in the light bulb… Then waited a few minutes and the rest is history…It seems more often than not, any problems with the Wyze bulb stems from connectivity with the Wifi… That’s why I wish we could change the Wifi configuration (where you switch from one SSID to another) without having to delete it and re-install the device if you need to change SSIDs…

The bulb should hold setup indefinitely.

They usually recommend you set up the Bulb close to your router, then move it to the desired location. That involves a power down.

Also, there is a mode of operation I use all the time on one of my Bulbs – the ability to turn it on and off using the wall switch. That one I want to power on demand, so it may be off for days. The only reason I wanted a smart bulb there is to turn off the light automatically at the end of the day to reduce window glare on one of my indoor-looking-outdoor cameras.

1 Like

thank you very much
that was very helpful

1 Like

thank you very much
that was very helpful