How does Wyze bulb work with regular light switches?

So I love the early access Wyze Smart bulbs.
I cant wait for the automatic scheduling feature to come out.

I have it installed in a regular fixture and when not using the app to turn it off and it gets turned off with the light switch, does it lose power and get disconnected from the network?
In one of my bedrooms it lost the network since it was turned off with the light switch. How can this be prevented, my other family members dont want to take out their phone every time they want to turn on the light

Thanks!

I wonder if this could be remedied by replacing a standard light switch with a smart switch. Since the circuit gets broken whatever is behind the switches loses power, thus falls off the wifi nextwork… Makes sense. Using a light switch to turn off a smart bulb kinda defeats the purpose of using smart bulbs. Maybe Wyze is working on smart switch next?

Smart bulbs aren’t made to have power cut to them due to inrush current when turning back on.

The Wyze bulbs work with Alexa and Google Assistant.

If you want to help keep switches from being turned off outside of the Wyze app, or Alexa or Google Assistant, you could try these:

Light Switch Guard

1 Like

Well, that is not the case for Sengled smart bulbs. Tbh, I like the cost-benefit for Wyze bulbs, and I have pre-ordered 8 of them before they were even launched. I think now is about time for Wyze team to improve the bulb software and make the re-connection robust and available after turning lights back on from the switch. Maybe a hub is the solution? I am so tired to reconnect so many bulbs each 3 weeks or so.
When I first installed the bulbs, I made all efforts to stop using the regular switches following everybody’s comment here. However, after some time , I realized it is not the best experience. Eventually it is convenient to use the switches when you want. I don’t want to spend more money buying a smart switch. Smart switches and smart bulbs are redundant devices from the user experience perspective.
WYZE team please include this item in the Wyze backlog list. Make the option to use switches available.