How do I keep Wyze running in background?

How do I keep Wyze running in background? Its not in settings>app>wyze>battery. LG G4 Android 6,0.

Don’t know Android, but in IOS it’s under Settings/General/Background App Refresh/Wyze App It’s not directly related to Battery management. Might be similar. I’ll tag the other @Mavens, several of whom are on Android and may be able to help.

I’m running Android 8.0 and go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Apps > Wyze

Turn on or off notifications accordingly

I thought those were just for notifications. I have Android 10 but I don’t know how to keep it running in the background… You can open the app and it just minimize it.

I’m not sure how this affected mine but if I keep the DownChannelService turned on it seems to make it run in the background. I could be mistaken. Mine runs in the background when the Wyze app is closed. The last couple of updates has changed the way it runs by my experience. My Wyze app runs in the background and it is closed.

So you have to keep your Wyze app open to keep it running?

1 Like

Thanks so much to everyone here. After re-installs, beta trials, more re-installs, and some quality time with Wyze support, the problem is my LG G4 running Android 6.0. It’s too old to provide some of the bells and whistles that the Wyze App offers. There may be a new phone in my future, Then I’m sure things will run smoother.

3 Likes

Glad to hear Wyze support helped to find the problem. Thanks for letting us know. :+1:

1 Like