How do I disarm wyze sense motion sensor?

oh, i guess even though you turn off the camera in the app from displaying video, the bridge still stays on so anything tied to it still would be on.

Correct! :slight_smile:

I would also like to schedule on/off times for my sensors.

2 Likes

that would make too much sense :slight_smile:

kidding. maybe even a IFTTT integration to turn off or on based on geolocation would be nice

1 Like

We need to be able to turn on off the sense motion sensor. I have the automation with a Wize bulb and the bulb will turn on during daytime.

Please see this Wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

indeed I have setup that if motion sensor detects motion it should turn on a Hue group in living room but as it detects (sends event) 24h lamps with this IFTT setup go also when it is daylightā€¦

Please add the ability for a rule to enable/disable DEVICES. (or alternativelyā€¦ allow us to enable or disable TRIGGERS if for some reason thatā€™s easier for you to program).

Doing so would allow the following scenarios:

GIVEN I am away from home
WHEN an intruder walks around my house tripping my motion sensor
THEN the lights turn on
AND a siren attached to a smart plug raises holy hell
AND I am notified on my phone

GIVEN I am home
AND Iā€™m in bed
WHEN an intruder walks around my house
THEN the lights turn on
AND a siren connected to a smart plug raises holy hell
AND I donā€™t really care about notification on my phone

And hereā€™s the feature (or is it a non-feature) that would make my WYZE system far more useful to meā€¦

GIVEN Iā€™m home
AND Iā€™m not in bed
WHEN I walk around the house
THEN the light bulb stays off
AND Iā€™m not scared -------- by the siren connected to the smart plug going off every time I move

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

This is what I was hoping to achieve with the new WYZE plug (replaced my Mi plug hoping to integrate these actions). Unfortunately at this time I canā€™t figure out a way to do it with the motion sensor or door sensors. Please let me know if someone comes up with a method ā€¦ otherwise itā€™s back to remotely turning on the siren AFTER I receive a notice that there is motion in the house :slightly_frowning_face:

I just received the home monitoring kit. Huge problemā€¦ When pressing the disarm button on the keypad it does not disarm the motion sensor. I need this motion sensor on when the system is armed but not when itā€™s disarmed. This may be a deal breaker.

Maybe Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦does anyone know of any motion sensor that you can actually turn off? All of the ones Iā€™ve seen are always on and you schedule actions according to your needs. Iā€™m pretty sure the hardware in the sensors is not that sophisticated as theyā€™d require an always on connection to the hub so that you could turn the sensing on and off.

@john.buckelew
The motion sensor will always be on, in ā€˜disarmā€™ mode it will just not trigger an alarm, I have never seen a motion sensor that turns off

2 Likes

The sensors do not have a physical or software on/off switch, you simply turn off notifications as @WyzeJasonJ is indicating. I have had a few Motion and contact Sensors, none of them have had an ability to turn them off. You could only turn off the Alerts.

1 Like

Does anyone know ā€˜whenā€™ WYZE will have a new supply of motion sensors? Mine died after 2 yrs of use. (probably wrong place to post this but couldnā€™t find correct location per support suggestion). Thx

Totally agree with you. Just set up the system today and migrated over from Simplisafe. I just assumed when the system is disarmed, it would stop everything including the motion sensor. Yes, I did turn off notification because I was being bombarded, but I still would prefer it not wasting my battery every time someone moves around. Doesnā€™t make ā€œsenseā€ to me at all. Having to turn the sensor around sounds rediculous to me.

At least have the option of disabling notifications automatically when the system is disarmed. Then re-enable when the system is armed.

1 Like

You can add a short cut

How is this helpful in the event that you arenā€™t home and NEED to be notified then? It would be great if it notified only when your system is armed.

May not have been clear.

When you are using the HMS and Arm it as home or away, you will be notified based on the sensors and cameraā€™s you have attached to HMS. When you have Disarmed HMS, you will not be notified, but the sensors are still watching as part of your HMS and the way sensors function.

However, the sensors can also be used as simple sensors. you can then have the sensor notify you when it detects motion or a door opens independent of HMS. This is what I was referring to. Motion Sensors do not turn off, but you can disable the notification via a Rule. But if you enable HMS (Home or Away), then you will be alerted of an event.

1 Like

If you mean the V1 sensor the answer is never. Theyā€™ve been discontinued and replaced with the V2 sensors used with HMS and these are not available for purchase right now without an HMS subscription. You will need to purchase a starter kit of a hub, 2 door sensors, 1 motion sensor and a keypad costing around $80, when they become available.

1 Like