How come more people here don't link parallel Reddit threads?

I know many of you are bi-platform. So how come?

• I’m lazy.
  • Not much to be gained by doing so.
  • I have distinct identities on the two platforms that I prefer not to reveal.
  • You wouldn’t understand.

0 voters

How about one more option: Don’t use the “flood you with advertising website” known as Reddit.

2 Likes

after Reddit was hacked a few years ago, I stopped using them completely because I just don’t trust them anymore. There was an attack on my gmail account with which I had registered. I did have 2FA enabled.

I personally don’t like the Reddit approach and find it more complicated for me to use. Plus, I try not to use Social Media all that much.

Real people still use Reddit? Huh…

1 Like

I’ve never seen any reason to join it. I occasionally find useful information there via web searches. The layout for comments always seemed atrocious. “Social media” is generally stupid (if not destructive) and I don’t use any.

3 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Don’t use any other form of social media anymore

2 Likes

I must confess, I’ve never belonged, always used it much like @Customer , though not much lately Wyze-wise, and via browser with ad block versus an app. When I first arrived nearly three years ago it was a ‘harder’ crowd technically with this forum more for ‘softies.’ Wyze engineers had extended conversations there they weren’t having here. Over time this gradually changed I think and this forum became mostly all I need. I very much like the Discourse forum platform, find it well designed. I like the idea of up-vote dn-vote in principle versus the Discourse heartcoin indeterminate silence but I expect dn-vote has its downside, too.

I don’t know if wyze reddit has benefit of the maven/mod crew that operates here, but if not, that’s a big plus for here. Aside from being a tad cultish :grin: , they’re loaded-for-:bear: technically should the thread require it, but they’re personable and flexible, too.

Reddit’s Ask Me Anything feature was useful recently thanks to @carverofchoice 's swell transmogrification posted here (probably not the best word but it sets up a comic so good :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

There is no wrong time for a Calvin & Hobbes reference. It’s like XKCD except with actual drawing and emotion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Regulars, irregulars and ‘lesser’ peeps round out the crew quite nicely.

:musical_note: You are so beautiful to me :musical_note:

:slight_smile:

What’s a Reddit? lol.

Reddi-Wip’s ill fated foray into the lucrative instant tea market.

2 Likes

You will see rats and squirrels running along wires, fence tops, what have you, transiting between one locale and another.

Why not Forum and reddit users?

What a revelation (or at least novelty) it would be to see parallel threads posted and interlinked between platforms.

Forum: For all the nihilism, these folks can think!

reddit: For half-dead newbs, they ‘rock.’

Not sure how this affects the Wyze subreddit.

The Wyze subreddit did a poll asking the Wyze subreddit users what they would like to do about it, and the community overwhelmingly voted to participate in the massive 2-day blackout, so it went Private for just over 48hrs along with a lot of others. Then it was restored back to public.

I don’t see Wyze going permanently offline as that would just send Wyze users to alternative Wyze subreddit that isn’t managed by Wyze and has a lot more negativity and would just lead people seeking for help or looking to ask questions have a negative experience.

1 Like