How can we use IFTTT to have the Wyze cam to take photos and emails them to us ?

wyze-cam

Currently, I am using IFTTT to text and email me notifications when motion is detected. I wonder if it is possible to have the Wyze cam to take photos and email them to us. I used to have this feature from Foscam, and it is quite handy to have a quick glance from the emails without activate the Wyze app and search for the video to replay.

Thanks for your advice.

Looking into the applet recipe, it doesn’t appear so (yet). The only tags I have to work with are {motion_detected} and {trigger_time} which are simply phrases “Motion detected on <camera name>” and the date and time it occurred.

I’m guessing it wouldn’t be hard to add photo/video in the future, but right now there’s nothing I can see that would allow it to happen.

Is there any progress on this, or another thread where this is being discussed? I’m very interested in finding a way to remotely trigger my Wyze to take a still photo. For one thing, it would greatly help making timelapses of 3D print jobs and other activities where the desired frame timing varies.

I added a roadmap request that is similar. You can head over and place a vote if it is something you are also interested in seeing added.

If Wyze could just save the photo and/or video to Google Drive, then the “New file from search in your folder” trigger could email it to you.

It looks like TinyCam can save to OneDrive and OneDrive has some IFTTT triggers for new files. I haven’t tried it, but it might be possible.

Pardon if I’m overlooking something, but if you’re going to integrate at all with something like IFTTT, isn’t “take a photo” just about the first thing you’d enable it to do?! What happens after that can be dealt with in a variety of ways; IFTTT itself offers many choices.