Parent’s place just got robbed. Burglar stole 3 wyze cams and wifi router + other stuff
1st video shows entry from wall window. He avoided front door where entrance was lit and a camera pointing towards it.
3rd video shows front door entrance and recording started because of movement from flashlight.
Burglar might have found living room camera after 5th video
6th video show last clip of burglar. He definitely found camera after 6th video and must have unplugged camera and wifi which was on top of fridge.
No more cloud uploads after 6th video.
- Weak link in security is the fact that cameras can get stolen and no evidence is left - put camera up higher and secured where it can’t be removed easily
- Cameras can be unplugged from power if noticed - need better hiding spots for camera and also maybe black frame.
- Wifi can be disconnected and no more cloud uploads- need to put wifi far from potential points of entry
- Better to scare burglar away during entry phase - v3 has siren (but might also make camera easier to locate)
- Need to set up devise triggers to activate lights and sound if person detected.
- Have a tiered alarm system. Lights on when motion detected outside. Siren on when person detected inside.
Have been trying to find police strobe with siren that can be used with smart plug that can be triggered when person is detected but unsuccessful so far.
Integrate google home mini as an alarm system. (But i guess thats more a request for google to work on)
Have a couple of old speakers lying about unused (the ones with red/back wires that you have to attach to the main unit) . Would be nice if wyze could create a device that can use old speakers as an alarm and audio cast system. Each speaker box can then be a standalone alarm/audio system.