Home monitoring system review

I received my system a could days ago. It was a breeze to set up. Removing some of my old Wyze Sense sensors to put the new ones in their place was a little annoying as they aren’t easy to remove. I was surprised by how easy each sensor connected. It also seems a little unnecessary that the keypad has a removable plate. Just makes it easier to steal if you want to mount it outside.

The sensors work as you would expect. I love that they have simple battery replacements and that the batteries come pre loaded. The usb cord that came with the system was defective. Luckily, they are easy to find by. I wonder how long Wyze will keep using these cheap cords.

There is a delay for arming and disarming the system. It can be set to zero or to 30 seconds or longer. During the delay for arming, there is a loud beeping that continually goes off the entire time. I would prefer it to be 10 seconds or even 5 because waiting that whole time is extremely annoying, so I currently have it set to zero.

The keypad takes a bit of a learning curve. I wish you could just put in the pin instead of putting in the pin, then pressing the checkmark, then pressing arm or disarm. I’m not even sure if that’s the correct order. It’s not very natural, and teaching old people how to do it is annoying when I can’t even do it every time.

Testing the system is great, as is the customization. It’s nice to be about to say whatever you want to happen. Each of the sensors work in the main part of the app just like the old sensors did, which is convenient if you want to use them for other things like monitoring where your kids are. I’m not quite sure what the point is in adding your cameras to the system. You can access a different events menu which is neat, I guess. I don’t see it much better than the other event screen. And you can’t access continuous recording from that many.

Something that is very annoying, the legacy person detection that you may have on older cameras is not compatible with the home monitoring system. You have to have cam plus on your cameras if you want to use person detection with the home monitoring system. Of course, as I said before, there’s not really any extra functionality with it. You can get special alerts if you’re using iOS, but otherwise, it’s the same push notifications you were getting before.

There are a lot of improvements that I would like to see, but for what it is, it works just fine. The design and simplicity is wonderful along with the price. I’m excited for the official release so I can get more devices. Currently you can only order additional devices when you order your starter kit. I would recommend this system to anyone looking for one.

4 Likes

Thanks for the review, it’s very helpful while I am waiting for my own system to arrive. Just wondering though, if you set it to 0 seconds to arm, how do you leave the house or come back in without triggering an alarm?

1 Like

You have to arm it from outside with your phone.

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense. So I assume there is a way to share the app arm/disarm feature with all the other household members?

Currently only by having them log into your account, they dont have it set up for multiple users yet

You can set a different delay time for home and away mode. So you can set it to zero when you’re arming home mode so you don’t have to listen to it and set it to 30 seconds for away mode so that you’ll be out of the house and not have to listen to the annoying beeping. It would be nice if you could do more though

Great, I was concerned over how this will work for my family but your answers definitely helped!

Set it to 0 sec when you are arming to Home. Set a 30 sec or more when you are arming it Away…enough time for you to leave the house.