Home Monitoring Setup won't respond

@scottgraham2

As the others have already said, @SlabSlayer has provided sound advice.

I test releases on both iOS and Android. I do remember having some issues with the previous release of the App for iOS, but I also have issues with the latest FW update for HMS, I posted it in the Fix-it-Fridays post.

Since the update the other day, the fix for tablets, Wyze pushed out the Release Candidate to Beta Testers. I tested my HMS using this app and don’t have issues with it loading. Still have the other issues of not being able to set the Tunes or adding additional Sensors, but that may be FW related. You can always do a test to see if the Beta / RC fixes your issues. It is actually easier to do this via iOS because the App Store will always provide the production release. If you want to test, you would select the app from Test Flight. To sign-up, go here and follow the steps for iOS: Become a Beta Tester – Wyze Labs, Inc.

If you want to go back to the Prod app, simply remove the app itself and then install the Wyze app from Apple Store.

Another option to try is to do the following:

• Go to Account>App Settings and clear cache
  • Back out to the Account Menu and the Log Out of the App. (Make sure you know your password
  • restart your device
  • Once the Device has restarted log back into the app and see if that makes any difference.

Note: Your Camera Thumbnails will be gone until your live stream them again.

If you want to go a step further, you could soft reset the hub:

But note: With the latest FW, you will see and may experience some weirdness for up to 24 hours or so. Rules may not work, HMS will keep cycling, but eventually it will steady itself and things will start working. But, this could be concerning to some. :slight_smile:

5 Likes