Home Monitoring Sense Hub & Keypad - Chime when Doors/Windows are opened

Excellent idea! :+1: Donā€™t forget to vote for your own Wishlist itemā€¦

This is a must.

1 Like

Really hope they do this. I was expecting it so itā€™s a disappointing it doesnā€™t.

If they can do an annoying prolonged beep for disarm/arm then they can do a verbal ā€œBack Door Openedā€ or what have you

3 Likes

This is the biggest omission ever. Iā€™m returning mine

Add announcements through the sense base station, such as person detection, specific door/window open, etc. Alexa has this capability, but itā€™d be great to keep it all within the Wyze ecosystem.

2 Likes

Interesting. I was able to create a routine, but nothing happens. Alexa shows the device activity but does not trigger the routine. Thanks

I 100% agree with this idea! The reason I canceled my big name security system was to switch to Wyze. I love the Home Monitoring system so far and would love to see this addition! Keep up the amazing work Wyze!

1 Like

Since you havenā€™t started selling additional chimes yet, please make a feature so we can use the new Wyze senseā€™s Speaker as an additional Chime, should be an easy and fast update PLEASE!

1 Like

Can we please get sounds from the Home Monitoring Hub when a sensor is triggered?

For example, my previous alarm system would make a beep whenever a door or window opens/closes.

Currently, the Wyze Home Monitoring system only sends notifications to my devices when a sensor is triggered. It would be great if the hub could play a sound - even better if that sound could be customized per sensor (maybe it says the name of the sensor and then opened/closed).

4 Likes

Door chime is a must for me. I was disappointed when I didnā€™t hear one when I finished installing my system yesterday. I hope this could be updated in the next system release. My current workaround is to reinstall my previous home monitoring sensors as they still chime when the door is openedā€¦they are just not connected to monitoring service.

2 Likes

I just learned that you can set an Alexa routine to chime whenever doors are opened and closed. I literally just set all of my doors to do this! Super easy!!

1 Like

I setup the routines, but itā€™s not working. Any tricks you had to do?

Same hereā€¦set mine up and nothing happened

Well as weird as it sounds mine worked ONCE and now has also stopped. Iā€™ve done some looking around on here and app and itā€™s a known issue that is from what I read being looked into.

Would love if the Home Monitoring Hub could be configured to play a chime when a sensor is opened.

2 Likes

I think an alert chime or ding or POW or something would be awesome to have such emitted from the home security hub when someone opens a door. Much like other home security company equipment that alerts/chimes when the contact sensor is opened. Shouldnā€™t be too difficult to add since the hub already has the ability to emit sounds.

2 Likes

I bought the kit + 2 more sensors and an extra keypad because i thought it had this featureā€¦ COME ON this is like 1990ā€™ tech, ADD IT ALREADY

1 Like

But is it an immediate chime or a delay since it has to go through 3rd party?

Very simple request, that the ā€œWyze Entry Sensorsā€ make a noise or chime when a door or window is opened so you know.

We have little kids and this is very helpful to keep track of them. Thanks!

4 Likes

Wyze just (this week) fixed something because the Alexa routines are now triggering when the contact is open.

1 Like