Home Monitoring Activation Code

Apparently you aren’t referring to my activation code.

He was ESCALATING it for you now, to make sure someone in a position to handle will for sure see and handle it. He didn’t mean he was personally sending your activation code. He’s a volunteer moderator with access to Wyze employees who will take care of issues he’s determined to be significant, he’s not a Wyze employee himself with that kind of access. Trust me, if he says he’s getting it looked at to get handled, it will be. I’ve seen it a lot.

2 Likes

I appreciate your response and his. It did appear to me that he was sending my activation code. I will wait to hear from someone.

1 Like

Interesting to see so many people did not receive the code. I did receive mine and activated it. However, I’ve received at least three emails from Wyze again with my code saying I still need to activate it.

I received an activation code before the hardware arrried. But I want to install the hardware and test it before activating the account. I may want to never activate the monitoring service as I don’t live in the hood. I really just want to know if the doors are open or closed. Can’t turn the hardware on without the monitoring service account being activated ($$$). Boo, hiss. :frowning_face:

Can’t you just add the hardware via “Add Device” in the app? I know the hub and sensors seem to be available there for addition to the account.

Order # 006768902, no activation code email here either! It was delivered over a week ago.

I got my activation code email today. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

That’s great news and sorry for all the confusion earlier. I should have been more specific with my reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now that I have my system set up I noticed that my Wyze video doorbell isn’t available to monitor in the system. Why would that be? All of my other cameras are listed. Also can you tell me if I set up those other cameras, does that give the monitoring company access to those cameras?

I currently do not have the video doorbell so not sure why. I’ll tag the @Mavens to see if they can answer this question for you.

No, Noonlight cannot access your cameras.

FAQ

Noonlight will not have access to your videos on cloud or local storage (microSD card). We plan to provide a feature later in 2021 so that the system can automatically grant the monitoring center access to your camera footage/live view. This feature will require your permission to enable.

1 Like

Sorry , No doorbell here . :expressionless:

1 Like

I do have the doorbell but as the team has mentioned the access is for the later roll out. On a side note of all the cameras one might have around their property as far as home security goes, the doorbell might be the least consequential and or least helpful. my rational,

1 if someone where to break into your home ( trigger the door break sensors or motion sensor) they would more than likely already be past the scope of the doorbell as far as any live view. and if you are simply looking to get a description of the suspect, I’d be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the majority of break in’s are not through the front but but through an auxiliary entrance or window as those are for more commonly less well lit and or protected as they see less traffic or are less viewable to the public thus the reasons they are seen as more attractive targets.

2 stepping aside from burglary, if Wyze and noonlight decide to expand to where in the event of a fire alarm trigger on a camera goes off and noonlight can’t reach you they move to view the possible fire and dispatch emergency crews. being able to see the outside ( doorbell) vs inside of a home would again be pretty much worthless for the most part for locating a fire and instructing crews on stage of said fire and location. unless kids bring back the old prank of a flaming bag of dog poo on the doorstep…then the doorbell cam would come in handy. :joy:

so in looking at just a few of the possibility paths for the monitoring service I would think these COULD possibly be the reason the doorbell is not included as an option as it is more of a home owner convenience versus security product as the other cameras to be seen as they could be moved to critical locations.

just some food for thought though. purely speculation.

1 Like

I can confirm that this capability is at least being worked on and being tested in beta:

However, there are some things to finish fixing up first (I think mostly due to the issues related to the orientation differences). I am sure they’ll make it available to everyone as soon as they are confident everything has been sufficiently integrated and tested.

As for whether it has value as a security device, there are a few points worth considering: porch pirates/thieves primarily. Second, having worked with prisoners I can confirm that a lot of burglars use a technique of walking up to a house, and knocking to see if someone is home, if they are, they make up a plausible excuse and then leave. Plausible excuse examples could include some kind of solicitation or pretend they got the wrong house, or tell you they just saw a runaway dog they’re helping to catch enter your property (and ostensibly didn’t want to just be creepy and go back there without permission), or any number of other excuses…but if nobody answers, then they either try the door handle and walk in (you’d be surprised how often this works for them…it’s done a lot with vehicle burglary too), or else go around to another point of entry as mentioned. In those cases, a VDB can help to catch a face or discourage the breakin since they saw the VDB and assume it might have already got their face. You can also allow it to record anyone who passes in front of your house at all if you expand the detection zone and have Cam Plus, then review footage of someone passing by and going to the back or whatever. It has better resolution than the other cams too (despite the fish-eye-ish lens) So it definitely does have some value as a security cam from those standpoints. Stil, I agree there should be other things in place too. Keep in mind that the majority of burglaries/thefts are committed by someone who knows the victim in some way, or at least lives nearby and they’re fairly likely to enter the property somewhere from the frontish of the property to start with (rather than jumping a backyard fence from the backyard neighbor’s house or something)…and the VDB might catch some of that initial entrance.

I use the VDB as one of my 5 security cam options. It’s mostly out of convenience. I think it will work alright when it graduates from testing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ive been distracted with other Beta bugs recently…I didn’t even realize. thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

It’s all good, everything you said was perfectly accurate, it is for a later roll-out just like you said. :slight_smile: I just thought I’d elaborate a little and give more hope with my $0.02.

2 Likes

I purchased a HMS retail, that comes with 6 months monitoring, anyone have any idea how I redeem/activate?

Hi Lugh, thanks for your support!

If you purchased thru Home Depot or Amazon.com (from recently), then you don’t need to enter the activation code (there’s a red label on the package). You can just go to the Monitoring tab, click “Set Up System” to start the setup flow.

If you purchased thru Amazon.com or other channels before our recent shift, there would be a sticker that has an activation code and a website address for the redemption.

2 Likes

I am currently talking to someone through the chat feature on this topic. They do not seem to know how to do this. I have no red label on my packaging, and I ordered through Amazon. I also have no access to an activation code.

There’s no visible activation code for kits sold via Amazon. The activation is automatic when you set up the system.