Home Assistant Integration

correct

We REALLY need this with the upcoming Smart Lock from Wyze!

1 Like

This is true. i have all my wyze stuff integrated in HA.

node-red controling my wyze contact and motion sensors for true home automation. is perfect.

the day i got it all setup i ran to home depot andgrabbed another camera and sense combo…

if any one from wyze reads this : Any idea if local places such as home depot will eventually get the sense sensor packs in stock?

1 Like

@fiftys do you have instructions on how you integrated with HA.

1 Like

Sure. I hope it isnt an issue posting this here. if so, im sorry. please delete- although, as noted before im sure if this was official wyze would sell more product, anyway:

for cameras in HA run the rtsp firmware, and motioneye on ubuntu to encode the stream down to mpjeg.

for the sensors…:

good luck.

2 Likes

and for the bulbs…

Come on Wyze dont fall asleep at the wheel…

get on this stuff…,. its wanted,

5 Likes

+1 Yes We need this

1 Like

Please? Ha would be better than all the other smart home integrations.

2 Likes

Its come to a point that now I am buying things based on if they are compatible with Home Assistant or not. I already have the wyze sensors connected directly with the wyze components. Would love the support of the bulbs and the cameras (direct as opposed to the cloud). Wyze team, please allow the community to do this…please open it up for hassio/home assistant. thank you!

3 Likes

+1000 Please add!

And also make European shipping happen plz! :slight_smile:

voted. we need this! I have many wyze cam and wyze sensors that need to go into Home Assistant. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! for the TinyCam info. That is currently the best way of getting the footage on HA I’d say for now - without having to screw around with the other firmware and (comparably slow) RTSP stream.

I currently have a Android studio AVD running TinyCam but I have a Android device I hope can run it, or (preferably) a windows alternative I can find.

Am still 100% supporting direct integration into HA though - or more specifically, an API, for HA developers (or community developers) can use to make a HA (and other system) integrations.

1 Like

I tried this integration too, but not stable, HA just constantly lost status of wyze contact/motion sensors. The issue has been reported on HA forum as well.

Interesting. I’ve not had to touch the HA+Wyze sense integration since I set it up; it’s worked flawlessly so far. It’s been a few months.

2 Likes

It might be related to individual setup. Mine is HA container running at ubuntu, which is in Virtualbox hosted in windows pc. Bridge is plugged into USB port of the windows PC. What’s your setup?

My setup is a vm on unraid server with hassio on the vm. Unraid server has the USB plugged in with passthrough. I have noticed the ubs adapter drop once so far.

Wyze bridge plugged directly into raspberry pi running Hass.io

—Evan

1 Like

maybe the passthrough has something to do with the drop.

Most likely because restarting hassio didn’t fix it but restarting the vm brought back the adapter. I really wish wyze would open up local controls. These would sell even more. They are great products. But without local control they are slower. I really don’t care if wyze has my sensor data in the cloud but local control is essential.

1 Like

Absolutely agree the need of local control. If it is reliable and stable, i’m ordering at least 10+ contact/motion sensors for automation purpose.